Deluxe Clucks

TrishinWTN

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
Hi I'm Trish! We are homeschoolers of our three sons 13, 11, 9 years old. I had to come share with you all what our middle son is up to! He is taking chicken ownership to a new level! He started a business, named it Deluxe Clucks and has started blogging about it! We have three boys and they all will be opening businesses to help them learn entrepreneurship, economics, and marketing concepts, not to mention these are just practical life skills! Gage's business just got movement first, so he is the first to be blogging about his. Anyway, the link to Gage's first blog post is here: http://liveandlearnfarm.com/introducing-deluxe-clucks/. I hope you will join us for our farmschooling adventures!

Trish

Greetings from Kansas, Trish, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock! I salute your son's entrepreneurial spirit! Good luck and enjoy your birds!

Thanks y'all! We love homeschooling and having the luxury of getting creative with our curriculum! Keltara, we are doing a "Back to Eden Garden" too! Got our mulch last year from the electric company and it's been curing all winter. Have put builders paper down (Paul from Back to Eden, gave me that little hint), our mulch is on top and we are already planting all the cold weather crops in it. I understand the first year might be a bit of a smaller crop because the wood mulch sucks some of the nitrogen out of the top layer of earth... but we are going to using some chicken and dairy cow compost to help replenish the soil! We are blogging about it too! As a matter of fact, that is part of my youngest son's business. He is growing and selling organic vegetables! He just isn't blogging about it yet :)

Thanks for the support guys!

Thanks y'all! We love homeschooling and having the luxury of getting creative with our curriculum! Keltara, we are doing a "Back to Eden Garden" too! Got our mulch last year from the electric company and it's been curing all winter. Have put builders paper down (Paul from Back to Eden, gave me that little hint), our mulch is on top and we are already planting all the cold weather crops in it. I understand the first year might be a bit of a smaller crop because the wood mulch sucks some of the nitrogen out of the top layer of earth... but we are going to using some chicken and dairy cow compost to help replenish the soil! We are blogging about it too! As a matter of fact, that is part of my youngest son's business. He is growing and selling organic vegetables! He just isn't blogging about it yet :)

Thanks for the support guys!
Hi Trish

I started my Garden Of Eden last year, I have been gardening for all of my adult life. EVERYTHING Paul teaches in the movie is true and I am so grateful to have this NEW way of gardening! Sadly, my husband is tearing out my garden to extend our driveway. But on the flip side, I'll be starting from the ground up with a new garden (which I intend to make bigger, and I'm grateful for the builders paper tip!! That would be much easier than using newspaper!

Blessings,
Kelly

Back
Top Bottom