Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
Hey i didnt have time to look at all the pages but was wondering if this is a purebred Aracauna Hen?

21433_dsci0599.jpg

Looks like it, poultryhaven.

Here is one of my favorite roos coming up now. Bilateral tufted and rumpless. From one of my Araucana flocks.

9332_my_new_roo.jpg

And one of the Easter Eggers pullets I hatched and raised from my flock this year. I had many of these to hatch this year looking like this and everyone of them was a pullet. Sold like hot cakes. I had a hard time hanging on to a few for myself!

9332_4_mthold_ee_from_aristotle.jpg

a splash Ameraucana chick from this summer
DSC_3069.jpg

our favorite EE...whose name is suprisingly..haha "Chip"
DSC_2932.jpg

Chip as a chick
DSC_2667.jpg

I still really don't get it. I looked a bit at the pics, but not all of them were labeled. Some look like my 3 girls. I wish I knew more how to post pics and stuff, because I really think I would need help identifying what I have. I originally received 5 'pullets' that were from an ag store nearby that were supposedly Americanas. Well 2 of them were really roosters and # 2 is on deathrow....# 1 has been turned into herb chicken......very good. Not nice to pay pullet price for straight run. I then decided I needed the real thing and ordered some Araucanas from a farm in MS. Half are rumpless and only 2 are tufted, with a few others with a hint of tufts, so I have a lot to work with to get some tufted, rumpless, with the correct colors and so on.
I was planning on introducing my 3 (perhaps) Americanas to the corresponding Araucana to get the offspring slightly closer to what their ancestors were, but still calling even those,'americanas', so no one could call me dishonest. But now I am wondering if I might not have Easter Eggers.

It is very difficult to hatch out eggs that are shipped and even more so from true Araucanas. I bought adult birds and have worked from that. If you have rumpless chicks and tufted chicks then you have the start of your own flock but you will need some blood diversity at some point. I always have adults or chicks for sale but very few people seem to be interested in this lovely breed. I do not show mine but have them for personal enjoyment. It is a lot of work but extremely rewarding!

Ah, Cottage Garden, thank you for the compliment of my lovely EE girl. I have a few more just like her and plan to keep them next year when they hatch and not sell so many! LOL
I love the looks of your "Chip" and hope I get a few EE Olive eggers that look a lot like that. So pretty! I will be starting that program soon, well as soon as the girls will lay for me. They are being a bit slow right now.

I wanted to share a pic of our lovely "Rainbow". She's a black lavender split Ameraucana that I got from a breeder (her flock mate, Blueberry, a BR is in the background). I thinks she'll be laying soon (+/- 26 weeks) and I can't wait to see her eggs.

This is a great thread, BTW, I'm learning a lot and really starting to appreciate the beauty and diversity in the EE's. If I can ever expand to more than 3 chicks - I'll definately get some
love.gif

Here is a few pics of my feather honeys, are they Amerucanas or Auraucanas? I don't know!

29720_freckles__omaha_mohawk.jpg

That's freckles in the front, Omaha, then Mohawk (we think he's a rooster) Mohawk is also the most camera shy!

29720_frecks.jpg

Frecks, she's so sweet! At least I think she's a girl.

29720_omaha.jpg

Omaha, you gotta love that beard! What do you think? Hen or rooster?

29720_starla_and_freckles.jpg

Freckles and her Delaware buddy STarla.

No one has laid any eggs yet. They are 24 weeks this Friday. So hopefully we'll have some soon!
Any opinions? Any advice will help
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom