Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
pips&peeps :

Quote:
Love the blue pullet!!!!
droolin.gif

NOW THATS A COMPLIMENT
big_smile.png

To Chicken Wisperer: 'Because - they have non accepted colors (wild type or crossed colors, anyhow) and they don't appear to have ameraucana shape, either."

Does this mean that they are not Ameraucanas? They are Araucanas? Thanks!

Quote:
What Amazondoc said is true - they are EE's. EEs are mutts - that means they fit neither they standard for an Ameraucana or an Araucana (they are not either of them). They are just a mutt chicken that might lay blue/green eggs, usually has muffs/beard, tail, and green legs - and usually isnt a standard color.

this is a great thread...I have some EE's, but what is this one?

CIMG0399.jpg

Is she actually an araucana?

CIMG0408.jpg

It's hard to tell, but in the second picture, you are getting a look at her muffs/tufts...cant tell which, and she is rumpless.

Last edited:
Quote:
I can barely tell, but she looks like an ameraucana. She looks like she has muffs/beard, not tufts. And it looks like she may not be truly rumpless, but I can't tell from the picture. Are you sure her tail feathers just haven't been picked out?

I think some better quality pictures, with her out of the cage would really help
smile.png

I have a couple of EE's from MPC, about 11 weeks old

060.jpg

065.jpg

all 4 of my EE girls
011-2.jpg

this one was a chipmunk chickie
018-5.jpg

close up of her funny face
015-2.jpg

and another fluffy face.. love them!
005-3.jpg

Last edited:
I so like EE and Ameraucana but in South Africa they don't exist
hit.gif
My question is If I cross a EE roo to a other breed hen will the pullets lay coloured eggs? Or when I cross a Ameraucana roo to a EE hen will the pullets lay coloured eggs?

Back
Top Bottom