Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
Here are 2 of my Eggers....

Ginger
50436_ginger3.jpg

EggNog
50436_eggnog3.jpg

50436_eggnog2.jpg

Some of my Easter Eggers that have coloring similar to Ameraucanas, but are not Ameraucanas:

A standard size splash EE:

016-2.jpg

A bantam splash EE:

105weeks013.jpg

A bantam Blue EE (even though she's colored like an Ameraucana, she's still an EE because she was purchased from a hatchery):

019-3.jpg

A Bantam 'silver duckwing?' EE (behind the splash):
005-7.jpg

She's clean-faced, but lays a beautiful blue egg:

009-5.jpg

Thank you for this information. Being a new chickie mama I am still learning. I was going to get some Ameraucana in the spring because I thought it would be fun to add the variety of color into my eggs. If I order from a hatchery (like meyer) will I get Ameraucana chicks? Or will they be EEs? They Meyer website lists them as Ameraucana, but then says "also known as easter eggers." So now I am really confused.....

I guess it doesn't really matter, I only have them for pets and eggs--no showing or anything. But, I do like knowing and having accurate info so when I talk about my birds I can do so confidently.

So this is my newest addition to my flock. Ive been debating on if shes an Ameraucana mix or EE. I was told she was an EE but she has all the characteristics of an Ameraucana. Someone tell me straight and what gives her away for whichever she really is....thanks
106460_ara1.jpg

106460_ara2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom