Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
i still cant tell if my birds are EE, araucana, or ameraucana. doesnt matter to me though. their all beautiful, and they lay pretty well(almost an egg a day from each). i get blue eggs with a darker band of blue around the middle, solid green, and white with the tiniest hint of pink.

Post pics of them if you havent already. The differences are probably easier than what your making it out to be.(No offense) I was the same for awhile....Simple as Aracauna have cheek tufts and I think majority are rumpless. Ameraucanas are only true if they are a recognzed color/pattern and have beards. if they dont fit either of these descriptions then they are EE's. Thats the middle ground of all Ameraucanas and Aracaunas. I know theres more differences etc but Im just stating the main and easiest differences.

i still cant tell if my birds are EE, araucana, or ameraucana. doesnt matter to me though. their all beautiful, and they lay pretty well(almost an egg a day from each). i get blue eggs with a darker band of blue around the middle, solid green, and white with the tiniest hint of pink.

If the eggs come out different colors they're EE's. If they have fluffy big faces and varied coloration they're EE's.

here are some pictures.
i dont know if they are arauacnas, ameraucanas, or EE's. please post what you think.

this is dakota, my 1 year old hen who is dating my houdan rooster

this is buck, my red rooster with a tripple pea crown

also known as the escape artist

this is tiger, my 6 year old green egger

this is nickle, my blue hen. she has a thing for buck

here are some pictures.
i dont know if they are arauacnas, ameraucanas, or EE's. please post what you think.

this is dakota, my 1 year old hen who is dating my houdan rooster

this is buck, my red rooster with a tripple pea crown

also known as the escape artist

this is tiger, my 6 year old green egger

this is nickle, my blue hen. she has a thing for buck

They are beautiful Easter Eggers.
clap.gif

I like the blue EE. I think blue is a recognized color for Ameraucanas as it is in most breeds. She has just a little red leakage which would make her an EE like the rest. Yours are all beautiful though. I think they are my favorite Standard breed now haha. I started with one and added a BR, GLW, and SS and last week went out and got 3 more EE pullets cuz I want more blue eggs and the beards are just so cute.

This was my first EE....her the name "Owl" Im sure you can see why haha

Last edited:
Hi again Flock runner, I was just looking through the thread again:) just had to compliment another chicken of yours-Dakota is beautiful, I like how shes not completely blue but does have some showing through. I wish I had her, but I think Im in luck with one of those chicks I mentioned I just got. Do you have any pics of her when she was a chick? I cant upload new pics with the computer im on to show her:(

Back
Top Bottom