Differences EE, Ameraucana, & Araucana * Pls post pics*

Pics
Here are a few of my Araucana.

Lanae
Oh man, I have some of these in my bator now. So hoping I get some to hatch. I have 15 in, 14 look very viable, one not quite sure yet. Darker egg. Do your hens all lay the blue egg..or do you get some with the a hint of green in them? Beautiful birds.

The majority of my hens lay a sky blue egg ( pale to medium blue) several of my hens lay a blue teal egg, and a couple lay a green to almost olive egg.

Lanae

The majority of my hens lay a sky blue egg ( pale to medium blue) several of my hens lay a blue teal egg, and a couple lay a green to almost olive egg.

Lanae

Oh yes, that is another color I have discovered, the blue teal color. I have only one of those in my bator, and when I fist saw it, I thought, what?...that is just beautiful. Wish we could say that the chick that comes from the egg will lay that color, of course, it has to be a girl first, but oh my, would love to have some of that color in my nest boxes.

Great thread. I was calling two of my new chicks Ameraucanas because that's how the feed store represented them, but I guess I have EEs. Feed store says "Ameraucana," and I just looked them up on the hatchery's website (Hoover's) and see that they call them "Americana." Cute little girls no matter what (the two on the left).

Here are EE
1st is Hazel I just got her she was sold to me as a Aracauna. I have another post and she ha been ID'ed as a EE. She is laying light pink eggs!

And then my 2 new babies now 14 weeks old that were sold to me as Ameracauna's but I am thinking now that they are also EE?

Edith

Flo

I do believe I have an Ameraucana here, from sonew. The only egg to hatch. I was so hoping it would be a pullet! Yep!!
Very pretty black girl
Wondering why I am following her around with "that" thing.. :)

Back
Top Bottom