Dixie Rainbows Thread

Pics
I saw some in the bin at tsc yesterday mixed in with partridge rocks and they were massive compared to the rocks,these definatly have to be meet birds because of the growth rate.

Hey there. I just purchased 3 Dixie Rainbow chickens from my local Tractor Supply store. They were sold as 'straight run' so their sex is a mystery to me - but based on how big they are getting compared to the 3 other chicks I bought, I was thinking all 3 were going to be roosters :-( but thanks for letting me know they just are fast growers ... maybe they will lay eggs.

We have 2 Dixie's that we got from TSC along with 2 Comets and 2 Barred Rocks. The Dixies are twice the size of the others and they're about 4 weeks old now. We took a chance and hopefully they're hens. If not, on the table they go. Definitely a meat bird. Sometimes we see one of them peck at the others so it can get the spot it wants and uses its size to its advantage. May be a roo but still too early to know.

Anyone have any idea of the lineage of these? I'd love to know what breeds went into making them!

Back
Top Bottom