DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

Yes I trusted it enough to put my two batches of eggs in it from the other coolerbators!

Some are on day 6 and some are on day 11 (think)

see the trays are even level with eggs filled, I am paranoid of this angle 45 degrees, as I never had a turner like this and its like

HANGING AND EGG OFF A CLIFF! HA HA HA

That just makes me too nervous, lol!

oh the top shelf has LAVS and some new CCL stock I bought and a few of our brahma

the bottom is our own eggs, Layers, CCL and the front are a few bigger serama eggs all the other serama had to stay in the smaller coolerbator as they fell through!
Lavs? As in Ameraucana?

Quote:
ep.gif

Holy Wind Batman! Good thing these trees dont have leaves! OMG!

rebeena_animated_wind_by_daneart-d4xaao2.gif

\

The incubator has all three racks filled! Harmony has her won silkie eggs in there too! They are not in that great of shape, saddle air cells, and two rollers :(

@ozexpat I will be needing to get an electric outage alarm I realize with these lights flickering in this wind, any cheap suggestions?

@ozexpat I will be needing to get an electric outage alarm I realize with these lights flickering in this wind, any cheap suggestions?

I used to have a plug in CO detector that would wail everytime the power went out (or someone knocked it out of the wall). If they still make them like that, they're fairly cheap and do double duty with the CO detection. This was a "EVACUATE THE HOUSE - YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER!!!" sort of thing that you could only turn off by pulling the battery.

I also have a APC UPS (uninterruptible power supply), a battery backup for the computer. I also beeps quite insistently when the power fails, and it would keep your new incubator powered on for some time as well. A little more pricy, but again, it does more than just sound an alarm. Overkill if you have a generator maybe.

Just an alarm would be a very simple device, I'm sure you can find them cheap. One feature I'd look for is some sort of reset button (or at least an off switch) so you don't have to pull the battery and then remember to put it back in later. In the darkness of the power failure, you don't need your first task to be "find a flashlight so I can get the battery out of the %^^&$%^ alarm". Ideally, it would have a snooze button that would reset it so it would alarm if it got power back and then lost it again.

Quote: wow cant beat that price either!! why didnt I have one before now! ha ha
Tks oz!

Quote: I had to laugh reading, last night I had put a sound machine on really loud in hopes that if the electric stopped I would wake to the dead silence..... Welllllll DH had a good laugh at me yet again..... it has battery back up.... so me, I try so hard but I fail
hit.gif
I get so upset at my brain functions at this point, my next CT scan is in a month, I always joke about how many new spots will show up, but it is truely upsetting me as I see so much change already, what happens when I am 60? too sad, I will be put in a home locked up I am sure

Three racks packed full,

Day 18 is as follows.....

Teal is 17th (St. Pattys Day)
Red is 23rd
Blue is 30th

Question.....

Moving eggs over into lockdown hatcher

Should I move eggs over to hatcher day 17 because I typically have some serama in the bunch and they always hatch day 19?
What do you all do?

I think I will make NEW 2 side rails and add that 4th rack, I can always add these back if the heat gets messed up, but I have plenty room to move up and add a rack.

Back
Top Bottom