DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

we even had a discussion about what could cause all the issues we are having besides the shell, does it seal and form differently during the freezing cold after it pops out, and so forth. we were making all kinds of excuses, the hens are stressed, are the whites more watery LOL

Quote: at 17% it shouldnt be an issue this is what is stumping all of us, and running dry? very odd and I was researching if temps of the breeder houses has any effects on egg shells quality as well as embryo and inner stuff....

I couldnt find anything but the one thing that made sense is that this function gets dysfunctional in freezing conditions in the coop

Cuticula is the thin membrane that covers the whole eggshell that is made from the sticky fluid when laid which covers it and quickly dissolves due to carbondioxyde activity. This membrane can be penetrated by gasses but functions as a kind defensive mechanism to prevent the entry of bacteria.

I ordered my new 3000 lums flashlight and forgot to buy the special battery pack that goes with it!
barnie.gif

Update on the cabinet, eggs seem to be loosing weight as needed, no water added humidity is sticking around 22% inside, Temps are doing great at 100-100.4 aaverage, and internal temp says 99.7-99.9 average

Heat is back up to temps quickly

QUESTION on light bulbs, is there any other type of bulb that I can get more than 90Watts for this? A bulb that can also endure the on and offs of the thermostat regulating them? I was looking at Lowes and there are so many bulbs my head was spinning, the 90 watts are doing fine, but I would like to bring temps up after opening as fast as possible, so I think a tad more heat would be better.

The one thing to remember about halogen bulbs is that if you are subject to frequent power bumps and outages, the halogen bulbs burn out very easily. This information is from personal experience and manufacturer's warning.
my mega bator has halogen work lamps in the bottom of it. Each is 150W.

I have blown one bulb in more than six months of continuous running. I do have a voltage regulator on the circuit though to stop power variances. They do however turn off an on all day.

Incandescent bulbs in brooders last less than a month in the Philippines with power fluctuations. Halogeb floods last 3-5 months.

as an alternative sally - you could put a simple "Y" on one of the light outlets and do a two-fer

Back
Top Bottom