DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

Alright Miss Sally I done ordered a cooler, two fans, a wafer thermo and a Oz special 1000 plus a couple of hygro thermometers and I will be makin one of your awesome cabinet bator. Thanks for all the info. I am green to all this so I have read several of your articles

Well I mashed the wrong button. So to continue. I will post info and pics of my progress in your and oz's honor and I apreciate all your work to educate me. Thanks and God bless.

Alright Miss Sally I done ordered a cooler, two fans, a wafer thermo and a Oz special 1000 plus a couple of hygro thermometers and I will be makin one of your awesome cabinet bator. Thanks for all the info. I am green to all this so I have read several of your articles
HEY!
sweet!!! Once you do it, you will be like... "that was a no brainer" lol so exciting to create something with your own hands to help grow life! AMAZING that we have the power!

Well I mashed the wrong button. So to continue. I will post info and pics of my progress in your and oz's honor and I apreciate all your work to educate me. Thanks and God bless.
You as well Dockbum!

I built it last weekend and stocked it with light brahmas and bcms this weekend.

I straightened the adjusting rod and added a knob.

I also added a damper in the return.

I screwed the panel from the window cutout to the handle for a dashboard and I mounted some electrical to the back of it.

I didn't setup a semiautoturner yet because I couldn't find a deal on them. 10 bucks a piece and a min of 6 was the best I could find.

There is my first batch since I was about 6 years old.

Thanks Miss Sally for all your work so that we could have an easier go of it.

Last edited:
I built it last weekend and stocked it with light brahmas and bcms this weekend.

I straightened the adjusting rod and added a knob.

I also added a damper in the return.

I screwed the panel from the window cutout to the handle for a dashboard and I mounted some electrical to the back of it.

I didn't setup a semiautoturner yet because I couldn't find a deal on them. 10 bucks a piece and a min of 6 was the best I could find.

There is my first batch since I was about 6 years old.

Thanks Miss Sally for all your work so that we could have an easier go of it.
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!! crud and now I cant read the date since I started quoting,,,,, how did it go!!!
@Dockbum

The incubator did great, thanks. The eggs on the other hand were mostly clear due to very porous eggs. The chickens were finishing up a molt and that could have been the cause. I started 25 eggs and had 10 viable and hatched 9.

The only problem I had was that the shelf in the previous post limited airflow and caused major stratification. Temp was 10° difference from top to bottom. I changed to a hardware cloth shelf (above) and the temps settled right out.

I also recommend to anyone building one to mount lights before the fans to assure that the bulbs dont limit airflow. Like Miss Sally taught us; let the fans blow across the top of the bulb and not the middle of them. I will make that mod before next hatch.

Thanks again for the walkthrough on this project. It was priceless.

Back
Top Bottom