DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

@taamator
I have four wood garage doors from a Garage guy who replaced them with steel.... So it would follow I could get the steel ones that have been replaced... i have been wracking my brains on how to do a roof for my new coop.... Those panels would be perfect.... You could calk em before they went into position.....

Thank you Thank you thank you.... they have all the structure I need I only need to put in the track and I can roll them up one by one....

deb

. In June of 2013 he had parts of his hand rebuilt - one knuckle replaced, another fused, and they scraped his lowest thumb joint and then took harvested tendon from his arm, coiled it up and put it in the scraped out joint to act as a cushion. Yet there he was, out there in the elements building a coop - 8 months later. Whatta guy!
I had that done. They actually remove one of the carpal bones and stuff that space with the tendon, then pin it all for 2 months. Took a loooong time to get the range of motion and full strength back in the hand, wrist and forearm.

@taamator

I have four wood garage doors from a Garage guy who replaced them with steel....  So it would follow I could get the steel ones that have been replaced...  i have been wracking my brains on how to do a roof for my new coop....  Those panels would be perfect....  You could calk em before they went into position..... 

Thank you Thank you thank you....  they have all the structure I need I only need to put in the track and I can roll them up one by one.... 

deb

Awesome deb, I thought of you when I saw that.

Hi ,i love your self watering system, but if it were me, id paint the box to stop bacterial growth in the water thru the clear plastic just my opinion

Quote:
Its just me here... so I would have to rig a come along to give me a hand.... and I need to figure out how to use them with their own trac. But the pitch on my roof will be very low ONlly enough to shed water... Then I have to figure out how to do a 24 x 24 square roof... Those panels even fror a two car garage are only a little over sixteen feet.

Got the ole brain going this morning.... I could even fasten them to a steel framework from under neath using either Sheet metal screws or truck rivets.... Dont know the name of them but they are used on trucks you pus them through a clearance hole through two sheets of metal then pound them in place with a hammer.... back side splits and chinches down for a join. Being that the back sides of those door sections are bent there is no hole through to cause leakage.....

For those who dont know me I cannot climb a ladder much less do work on a roof. and I have this coop design that requires one... I cant start unless I solve this issue. and No I cant hire any one to help... No $$... No family. I have a friend who might help for some of the set up for a case of beer or a bottle of Gin.... High desert bartering....
gig.gif

Hmmmm.... Offf to go do some research.
pop.gif
caf.gif

deb

Deb, pop rivets might work for you too.

yes they may... I havent over looked that one.... they do need backing though... I have a whole box of Clecos and the tool to insert them too... enough to pre drill for pop rivets... Benefit of hanging around Aircraft sheet metal guys.... FWIW Clecos can be used for prefab of any sheet metal or sheet plastic.... No matter the fastener....

Clecos

The little teeeeny black pointy end is actually a clamp that extends through the hole of your material and expands on the back side when released. It wants to go back into its body but the the off side expands and cannot go through the hole without using the tool to remove it
Thank you for reminding me of them Below is a forrest of Clecos holding an aircraft body together prior to someone doing the rivits.

deb

For what its worth Pop Rivets are a useful fastener but make a mess of tiny little pins all over your work area. These pins are steel and can be gathered up with a magnet.... but again they like little nails without a head. IF you have horses or chickens do Due dilligence in keeping them policed.

I could do it.... Or I could use truck rivets... STill thinking about that one.

deb

Back
Top Bottom