DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

and you can edit the quotes to delete superfluous pics and/or text, pare it down to the pertinent details/questions.

.....not grouchy, just direct :D
Thanks. Don't really know how to use the @MsRiderUp feature. I clicked on the link and it took me to my profile. Perhaps you could direct me to an intro about that somewhere?

It's just what you did... just type in @ and begin typing in the name of the person you're talking too and a drop down will come. Just choose the right person (or type in their whole user name) and hit enter and it should show up. @MsRiderUp

Jeez I hate it when there are 3 pages with the same 10 pictures quoting a post and saying "nice looking birds" or something. Choose a nice one, delete the rest.

My preference is to use the quote feature and strip out (PLEASE) unnecessary parts. That way you don't have to go find the last (presumably) post by MsRiderUp. And sometimes people start the thread at the beginning and quote a post MONTHS old. Boy would that be hard to find with the @ method. If the referenced post is really close though, @ is fine.

Jeez I hate it when there are 3 pages with the same 10 pictures quoting a post and saying "nice looking birds" or something. Choose a nice one, delete the rest.

My preference is to use the quote feature and strip out (PLEASE) unnecessary parts. That way you don't have to go find the last (presumably) post by MsRiderUp. And sometimes people start the thread at the beginning and quote a post MONTHS old. Boy would that be hard to find with the @ method. If the referenced post is really close though, @ is fine.

I like thins method, too. Especially if commenting on a photo. If a person needs to read every word (as I often do), they can always click on the little green arrow next to the user name in the quoted post to see the edited part of the quote in context.

The only issue I have is if I'm replying on my phone. Then stripping down the post I'm quoting can be a nightmare. In that case, just I post the whole thing and people can deal with a little extra scrolling.

I'm not all the way through the thread (on pg 37), so don't know if anyone has done this, but I have a small hen house and run, so to save room I use the gray electrical conduit caps screwed to the wall for oyster shell, grit, and sometimes treats, in the hen house. For the run, I was using these, then switched to the PVC plumbing pipe for the oyster shell and grit. The screw on caps and side port keeps the rain and snow off of the oyster shell and grit.

There are 5 pieces. The main part (the Tee), then a clean out adapter with plug, a breakout plate on the bottom (not sure what it is called) to keep the oyster shell from falling out the bottom, and a bushing on the bottom to hold the plate in place. If you need more oyster shell, you could add a pvc pipe to the top and add a cap cut in half to the spout to hold the oyster shell in place. This works for me, I just refill every week or two for 6 girls. tie wrapped to the hardware cloth. I've seen longer versions of this, but I don't need nor want that for my set up.

Last edited:
I like thins method, too. Especially if commenting on a photo. If a person needs to read every word (as I often do), they can always click on the little green arrow next to the user name in the quoted post to see the edited part of the quote in context.

The only issue I have is if I'm replying on my phone. Then stripping down the post I'm quoting can be a nightmare. In that case, just I post the whole thing and people can deal with a little extra scrolling.

Nice to see you posting Leslie
big_smile.png

I'm not all the way through the thread (on pg 37), so don't know if anyone has done this, but I have a small hen house and run, so to save room I use the gray electrical conduit caps screwed to the wall for oyster shell, grit, and sometimes treats, in the hen house. For the run, I was using these, then switched to the PVC plumbing pipe for the oyster shell and grit. The screw on caps and side port keeps the rain and snow off of the oyster shell and grit.

There are 5 pieces. The main part (the Tee), then a clean out adapter with plug, a breakout plate on the bottom (not sure what it is called) to keep the oyster shell from falling out the bottom, and a bushing on the bottom to hold the plate in place. If you need more oyster shell, you could add a pvc pipe to the top and add a cap cut in half to the spout to hold the oyster shell in place. This works for me, I just refill every week or two for 6 girls. tie wrapped to the hardware cloth. I've seen longer versions of this, but I don't need nor want that for my set up.

Nice idea and BOY do you have a LONG journey ahead if you are going to read all the posts. Find a comfy seat
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom