DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Here is a quick candler project my wife and I created. A friend on another thread suggested we share.

Started with an Oatmeal canister spray painted black.

Add a ceramic light fixture mounted on a plywood disk, attached to an old Christmas village power cord. (fixture is $1.47 at Home Depot). Install a 120 watt CFL for high light, low heat.

Assemble the pieces. Note- I pulled the cord through a little hole in the bottom of the canister before attaching to the fixture base.

Then cut a hole in the lid, add an egg, turn out the lights, turn on your candler.

If you got a deer feeder that you are not using it would great for a scratch feeder if you interested I can get pic just let me know

Here is a quick candler project my wife and I created. A friend on another thread suggested we share.

Started with an Oatmeal canister spray painted black.

Add a ceramic light fixture mounted on a plywood disk, attached to an old Christmas village power cord. (fixture is $1.47 at Home Depot). Install a 120 watt CFL for high light, low heat.

Assemble the pieces. Note- I pulled the cord through a little hole in the bottom of the canister before attaching to the fixture base.

Then cut a hole in the lid, add an egg, turn out the lights, turn on your candler.
EGGcellent.... That ceramic base will give the whole thing a bit of weight to keep it from tipping over too easily. Only change I would make is running the cord out the side ....

deb

My 3 week old chicks graduated from the inside brooder w/ the feather duster mom to the outside coop w/ the broody bucket.

hole drilled about the size of a pencil, fabric is polar fleece, next time I will make longer strips, they are short this time b/c I was planning of filling the bucket w/ straw, which they keep scratching out.

Hey I had an idea. I will try and get pictures tomorrow to illustrate. I was working at the floral dept before being transferred to deli. When they ship the daisies they come with these little nets on the blooms so that the delicate petals aren't injured in transport. A couple of days ago I was reading a members struggle to help a hatchling who was slow to absorb the yolk. Problems can arise when they stumble on the yolk sack and they are easily injured. I suddenly thought about using these tiny flower nets like a hernia truss is used in humans. I brought one home. I will get a photo of it and post it.

If you got a deer feeder that you are not using it would great for a scratch feeder if you interested I can get pic just let me know

Hey Smoke
welcome-byc.gif
I'd love to see some pictures. Thanks a bunch.

My 3 week old chicks graduated from the inside brooder w/ the feather duster mom to the outside coop w/ the broody bucket.

hole drilled about the size of a pencil, fabric is polar fleece, next time I will make longer strips, they are short this time b/c I was planning of filling the bucket w/ straw, which they keep scratching out.

I have never seen this before what is the purpose of this?

Back
Top Bottom