Do "know-it-all" people IRK you?

This is one reason I like BYC so much. We have so few Know it Alls. And the few that are on here, are easily ignored...or reported. The moderators are great to help mediate or eliminate spats. Most of us who have been posting a few hundred times, have learned which folk to just take-with-a-grain-of-salt.

All that said,
hide.gif
I hope I am not one of those you-know-what people.
duc.gif

I AM one of the know-it-alls not only online, but in real life.
tongue.png

But, I've been on your end, too. I am a member of a birding group and the owner is so persnickety about who and how people can post that I rarely get any of my postings "allowed" to be sent to other members. The only reason why I stick with that group is that some of the people have pretty good bird sightings that I like to know about. And, they announce a lot of cool birding projects and events. Otherwise, I would leave.

There are some rotten groups and forums were people are just plain cold and rude to new people. I usually give them a chance just in case it was just an odd person or comment. If it happens more than a few times with several different people, I leave. There's no reason to be rude to newbies.

What is funny is I have belonged to this group for a long time.
All I wrote is I have such and such for sale NPIP and TP clean.
That two sentences for some reason struck a huge nerve on this lady.
Maybe we are selling the same chicks....who knows.
But Everyone is NPIP and TP in the state. Rubbish.
I had someone email me for the phone number of our local tester.
I complained to the Mod and he handled it because she got very rude and ugly. And then I got ugly. I couldn't help it.
hide.gif

Quote:
I was just trying to be funny with this line, i don't know much of nothing
tongue.png
, that's why i love BYC's so i can learn some stuff!!
caf.gif

I knew that....we have a GREAT group of peeps dont we.
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
I wanted to say that but you beat me to it.
thumbsup.gif

Seriously though, in my business I like everybody else being so much smarter than me. It makes it so much sweeter when they burn themselves showing me how smart they are.
lau.gif

I think some people just like to be known as the one who knows everything. I personally learn something new every day. I'm glad too, because it keeps life interesting.

Nah!!!!

The know it alls don't bother me at all.

Now if'n you was askin about the DRAMA MOMMAS-------
he.gif

One of the things I have learned along the way is that as much as I do know, there is so much more that I do not...........I suppose that is why I have had an unending thirst for knowledge to know what things are and how things work the way they do. You have to be able to admit there are others that know things about subjects more so than yourself......the question is can you humble yourself to learn from them. Thats the intelligent side of it....now on the other end of it you have morons who THINK they know what they are talking about and you yourself are intelligent enough to know that they are an idiot.....
tongue.png
Kind of like the original poster and the person that got your dander up....

Back
Top Bottom