Do you have a dog???

farm316

Songster
9 Years
Jul 28, 2014
Do you have a dog?? I know that this is not a dog forum but we all want too see your cute pups

Here are mine. All rescues and all with health issues, but they keep unwanted critters away and keep us alerted to what goes on around here.

This is Bela, Sheltie with deformed front leg. Was going to be put down by the breeder but we managed to save her.

This is B.T., a Boxer/Pit Bull mix. We have her and her sister Sara, both set to be put down by the shelter.

This is Duke, Anatolian, protector of all that is sacred here at our farm. Spent his first year in a pen with little interaction with other dogs or people.

Frito, because when she was born she looked like a Frito. Hip problems and serious under bite issues.

Mikey, Greyhound/Great Dane mix. Found in middle of busy road when he was about 10 weeks old.

Red, Short Haired Pointer mix. Bundle of energy found dumped in a big box store parking lot.

This is Sara (see B.T. above) She is our little block head.

We have all the protection we need with this lot.

My little shi-tzu/Jack-russell mix Finn (10 years old) who love love LOVES babies of all shapes and sizes. He can't get enough of ducklings, he cries constantly to be near them.

My big fluffy bernerdoodle (4 years old) who is not only the sweetest most cuddly love puddle, but an amazingly excellent watch dog for our birds. He is such a good boy :3

They are all so cute!!

This is Dora. We got her from a foster family that picked her up from a pound that was going to kill her. Her foster parents had to have her tail amputated because she tried to chew through it at the pound from the stress. She is such a great dog! Though she does lack some social skills when it comes to other dogs.

Dog prices in the US range from free to several thousand dollars US. But  I can't understand why it seems everything across the pond is so much more expensive. There was recently someone on one of the goose threads that mentioned that Toulouse geese were going for x Euros and I did a conversion it came out to 600 dollars US. For that much money I could buy the geese here and ship them there and still have money left. A sheltie for 800 pounds would be over 1600 dollars US. My sheltie, who was born with a defective leg and was to be put down by the breeder, I got for 500 US and my Short Haired Pointer I got for 75 US. Several of our dogs we got for nothing by rescuing them. Don't focus on pure breeds. My favorite breed is a BOAB Hound. BOAB is for Best Of All Breeds (mutts) and they often are the best dog around.

There are so many intentional cross breads here
Labradodles( labs and poodles )
Cockerpoos ( cocker spaniels and poodles)
Etc etc
I'm not keen on buying these crosses incase of health problems, I though pure breeds might be healthier
But I'd be really happy with a mutt, rescue if possible but with four cats I did think a pup could grow with them
And rescue centres here never have pups

Rescues are the best!!! Thank you all for helping a lonely, hurting dog find a loving home!! Doing some volunteer work down at the shelter got us two rescues for free. Brutus and Momma. Momma was a hospice dog. They asked us to keep her comfortable until her imminent death (they said a week or two). She died in her sleep two and a half years later. She just needed some lovin'. Hats off to all Rescuers!!

ahh that explains! She is really pretty. The color coat doesn't look like a german/rott/English bulldog! She is quite the mix... Lucky terrible at taking photos. I would see why ppl would say ridgeback because of her traits and color, I thought she might've been part shepherd because of the coat, (Shepherd straw long) Like Lucky, plus the ears resemble a pit bull like mine. And the face, I will try and put more photos of lucky.

Dog prices in the US range from free to several thousand dollars US. But I can't understand why it seems everything across the pond is so much more expensive. There was recently someone on one of the goose threads that mentioned that Toulouse geese were going for x Euros and I did a conversion it came out to 600 dollars US. For that much money I could buy the geese here and ship them there and still have money left. A sheltie for 800 pounds would be over 1600 dollars US. My sheltie, who was born with a defective leg and was to be put down by the breeder, I got for 500 US and my Short Haired Pointer I got for 75 US. Several of our dogs we got for nothing by rescuing them. Don't focus on pure breeds. My favorite breed is a BOAB Hound. BOAB is for Best Of All Breeds (mutts) and they often are the best dog around.
I remember that about the Toulouse! I suppose it´s just demand. Here you can pick up dogs off the street for free!!!
th.gif
and recently someone has abandoned a German shepherd at a farm near us, and the dog is a nuisance as it goes visiting around. But the people at the farm seem to be feeding it, so.....
Normally it´s cross-breeds that are dumped, but people also dump their pedigrees too, when they get fed up with the mess, noise, etc....and at vacation time, too.

Here are two of mine, we gave them a home when they were 4 weeks old. I didn´t intend to keep them both, but took on the two as there was a better chance of survival if they had a litter-mate...
and then my son couldn´t part with them.
Here they are soon after we brought them home, playing with another we´d picked up about 6 months previously, so still just a pup herself.

Here they are all grown up...

And here´s the latest arrival. We´ve had her a couple of months now. Took me a month to catch her, she´d been run over twice, apparently, after being abandoned. She´s very sweet and we´re treating her for Yeast infection. She´s improving, though, putting on weight. She was all bones when I got her home.

And here are my other three little ones. Two of these I actually wanted and bought!

One´s a yorkie, one´s a Maltese, one´s a poodle x pincher.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom