• Yes

Votes: 173 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Only my favorites

Votes: 28 13.1%

• Total voters
Pics
I now have a chick named Jesus/WD/Lazarus. Revived him/her from nearly being dead on Tuesday. Actually it was two chicks I revived. Lost two others. They got caught in a torrential downpour.

He/she was so cold, gasping and was staring to shut down. The other one was not as far gone. Ran warm/hot water over both to warm up till I the heating pad I plugged in was ready. Didn't do the water to long, pulled them out and wrapped in microfiber hand towels. The one now named Jesus was still not responding well. Cranked up the heat on the water to get my had really hot and helled it over the Jesus. Had to do this multiple times till he was breathing normal. Once that happened we moved to the couch where I had the heating pad. Sat down with two swaddled chicks at my bossum with the heating pad between my hands/arms and them.

The less traumatized chick bounced back quick but Jesus was having a much harder time of it. He got yoke, and yoke water. Took time from under the pad cause he got hot then would get chilled and go back under. Went like this for a few hrs at least untill he stared talking to the chicks(bantams) I have in a box on the table. Finally was able to put him with them and he came around. He's still a little slow and will pause when eating or drinking and just stare off in to space. He is doing well tho and I expect he'll keep getting better.

Black Tail
Yellow Legs
Polly Jean Harvey
Stanley Knife

Four blue Amerucanas who were originally named for characters in 'Sex and the City' according to the lady I bought them from, but since I don't know that show they're Rose, Blanche, Dorothy and Sophia. I actually got some coloured zip-ties to band them and make them easier to tell apart.

So you don’t like my rosters name???? Karen is his name. Reason you ask ? Because he was and still is in everybody’s business and has opinion on everything and has to say something about … about … everything!!!! 😂
I have had female-named roosters that never got their name changed, so that is understandable. Although, I wouldn't want to name any new chicks again before six weeks just to be safe! :D

I have had female-named roosters that never got their name changed, so that is understandable. Although, I wouldn't want to name any new chicks again before six weeks just to be safe! :D
I go with a flow , had a chicken called Geese, Donkey, Piggy and so on . My grown up group answers to being called Girls (that’s theirs food call) and youngest group (bantam) are being called Frogs ,😂😂 I’m sure they will get creative names, not 😂

Well
I hold the bird and I look around and If I see a cloudy sky I call the bird Cloudy Sky
I hold the bird and I look around and If I see a river running I call the bird River Running.
I hold the bird and I look around and If I see a bear standing I call the bird Standing Bear.

So ya'll come on over and say Hi to Cloudy Sky, River Running, Standing Bear and Two Dogs Fu@%ing.

Last edited:
I turned out to have two cocks and it took me like two months to call them by their male names sometimes I'll say something like yeah I love her crow then people are like what her? And I'll say oops force of habit or something like that! I can finally call them by their male names their female names were violet and Nat Nat and their new names are Royal and Almanzo

I go with a flow , had a chicken called Geese, Donkey, Piggy and so on . My grown up group answers to being called Girls (that’s theirs food call) and youngest group (bantam) are being called Frogs ,😂😂 I’m sure they will get creative names, not 😂
My rooster's name is Phoenix, which is kind of strange since there is a chicken breed named Phoenix. Note that we named him before we knew what a Phoenix chicken was. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom