Do you play favorites? Admit it....it's OK....I won't tell the others....

I'm a stay at home mom, so add monkey warden to that list, and this is my job description. I love my job!

That's wonderful! My mom was a stay-at-home mom, and if I had kids, I would be too. It's nice to know that hasn't gone "out of style"
wink.png

After I took the pic of Little Ann, I told her that I loved the pose and thanked her for being patient with me while I took the pics! LOL Of course when my dogs and cats sneeze I bless them!

Great names...one of my fav. books too!

Lovin' the first pic...I think it's sooo cute when they turn their heads sideways like that.
love.gif
After I took the pic of Little Ann, I told her that I loved the pose and thanked her for being patient with me while I took the pics! LOL Of course when my dogs and cats sneeze I bless them!

I recently added a new hen to my little flock of eight, and the others are not giving her a nice welcome. She is at the bottom of the pecking order and the others make sure she knows it frequently. She doesn't even get to sleep with the others. I guess her pathetic situation really stirred my heart, because I am always holding, hand feeding and checking on her. Sick or sad animals will do that to me. Perhaps it was my fault though, there is probably a better way to introduce a new hen than to just stick her in there.

Absolutely! My favorite is a Light Brahma hen who is blind, I pick her up every morning and put her in front of the hanging feeder, so she doesn't even have to walk to breakfast! The other is a speckled Sussex who got attacked by dogs and lived in my utility room for weeks while she was recuperating (they tore her back up pretty badly); this one comes running like a dog across the yard when I come home- looking for a handout, I'm sure. Lol.

I recently added a new hen to my little flock of eight, and the others are not giving her a nice welcome. She is at the bottom of the pecking order and the others make sure she knows it frequently. She doesn't even get to sleep with the others. I guess her pathetic situation really stirred my heart, because I am always holding, hand feeding and checking on her. Sick or sad animals will do that to me. Perhaps it was my fault though, there is probably a better way to introduce a new hen than to just stick her in there.
Ditto, but in reverse! I just added 4 new pullets in with my 5 month old hen. She is so mean to them!!!! She boots them all off the perch at night so she can roost alone and steals food from them. I give all the new pullets a lot more attention than her :)

My favorite is Margaret Mary who wins that position because she is the most affectionate, racing up to me for a cuddle. I don't look this loving when I hold my grandkids!

I definitely play favorites!! My wonderful gentleman rooster gives all of his treats to the girls-they will actually take it from his beak!! Each morning he quietly comes up the steps and through the cracked screened door. He stands at the glass kitchen door as if to say-where's my treat!! We then have our time together with no hens around. He is very very smart and very very spoiled!!

I definitely play favorites!! My wonderful gentleman rooster gives all of his treats to the girls-they will actually take it from his beak!! Each morning he quietly comes up the steps and through the cracked screened door. He stands at the glass kitchen door as if to say-where's my treat!! We then have our time together with no hens around. He is very very smart and very very spoiled!!

Awww totally sweet. What breed is your boy and do you have any pictures?

Back
Top Bottom