Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

I got the 12 egg incubator and I have 8 duck eggs inside (duct tape really helped on this one
tongue.png
). So far so good for me. I'm on day 18 and all eggs are healthy and happy
ya.gif
. I don't know about you guys but I only re-fill the water about once every week which is pretty good. Happy hatching!

I have the same problem. I bought a little hygrometer to have inside with the eggs, and was dismayed to see the temp it at 34 degrees Celcius. The humidity is 50%. Should I believe my incubator. I selected 0 fluctuation so it seems steady at 37.8 C or maybe not???:(
Hi don't mean to butt in but would just like to share my experience of a cheap china incubator. It was very cheap and thermostat button looked very odd bit of a sticker to tell you what temp you are on. I did try some eggs in this set at temp 37.5 c and filled base with water as per instructed. This was my first ever hatch so was a newbie. As a result nothing hatched, nothing developed. So onto the next, this time bought new lizard/reptile hygrometer and small round green house thermometer. When it had been up and running the incubator was running at nearly 45c I had cooked my first eggs. As to the humidity it was far too high only needed very small amount of water in base. I would never believe cheap china incubator. After that all hatches were between 50 and 80%. Once I got the bug for hatching I got a Brinsea octagon advance ex with humidity pump and have not looked back hatches now at 80-100%. Plus it takes all the panic out of temps and humidity as it does it all for you digitally. Thanks for reading my ramblings. :jumpy

I set my temperature at 34.5"c about ten minutes after I put the eggs in because my (extra) thermometer was saying that me setting it at 37.5"c was way too hot, about 2 degrees to hot. This is my first hatch with this bator. I do not know how to control the humidity so once a week I would add 100ml of water. The incubator is a bit finicky and a bit off in temp and humidity but as long as I checked on it, it SEEMED to be fine. I hope my babies are ok though
fl.gif

Hi I'm sure they are fine you said in previous post that you were on day 18 it must be ok for your eggs to look healthy and happy.:ya Good luck on hatch day:fl:jumpy

Hi I'm sure they are fine you said in previous post that you were on day 18 it must be ok for your eggs to look healthy and happy.:ya Good luck on hatch day:fl:jumpy

Well I had 100% of my own eggs hatch. 2 white Wyandottes 2 Australorp Orpington crosses, one blue Orpington. 3 of my salmon Faverolles, I think salmon... As they are yellow chicks. I ordered half blues in the doz. :lau had to laugh my first Wyandotte to hatch was asleep with his little head on that stupid thermometer!!!:weee :love

Last edited:
Hi don't mean to butt in but would just like to share my experience of a cheap china incubator. It was very cheap and thermostat button looked very odd bit of a sticker to tell you what temp you are on. I did try some eggs in this set at temp 37.5 c and filled base with water as per instructed. This was my first ever hatch so was a newbie. As a result nothing hatched, nothing developed. So onto the next, this time bought new lizard/reptile hygrometer and small round green house thermometer. When it had been up and running the incubator was running at nearly 45c I had cooked my first eggs. As to the humidity it was far too high only needed very small amount of water in base. I would never believe cheap china incubator. After that all hatches were between 50 and 80%. Once I got the bug for hatching I got a Brinsea octagon advance ex with humidity pump and have not looked back hatches now at 80-100%. Plus it takes all the panic out of temps and humidity as it does it all for you digitally. Thanks for reading my ramblings. :jumpy

Thanks for this! We all learn from each other, which is great. :)

I got the 12 egg incubator and I have 8 duck eggs inside (duct tape really helped on this one :p ). So far so good for me. I'm on day 18 and all eggs are healthy and happy:ya . I don't know about you guys but I only re-fill the water about once every week which is pretty good. Happy hatching!

I have the 24, and add 100ml water each day. Then it has a 2nd tank for lockdown. Thanks for posting!:)

I just bought this and have 12 quail eggs inside. I have mine set to 38.8c and it seems to be working well so far. This is only the second day it's been running but here's hoping I'll have a successful quail hatch.

Back
Top Bottom