Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

Hi,

I know a man about 30 miles away in Worcester, MA who is breeding to get the darkest eggs possible. I have a deal with him that any roosters I hatch, I will give back to him. He charges me $1/egg :)

FIRST TIME using the J24 - The temperature keeps fluctuating in it. I have a seperate thermometer in it that reads different from the one that is built in. I have it taped to one of the inside see-through sides so as to not interfere with the automatic turner.

At first I reached ideal temperature of 99.5 with the help of wrapping 2 towel around it. However the temperature shot up over the span of about 4 hours to 102-103. I immediately removed one of the towels and was able to bring the temperature down. AGAIN all these readings are from my separate thermometer which I have taped inside.

Any pointers or instructions that any of you have used and has worked to troubleshoot this problem? Is wrapping it really necessary? I read somewhere on a thread that wrapping a bowl around it while not covering the hole on top is recommended.

Any guidance here would be a great help to me…..thank you

FIRST TIME using the J24 - The temperature keeps fluctuating in it. I have a seperate thermometer in it that reads different from the one that is built in. I have it taped to one of the inside see-through sides so as to not interfere with the automatic turner.

At first I reached ideal temperature of 99.5 with the help of wrapping 2 towel around it. However the temperature shot up over the span of about 4 hours to 102-103. I immediately removed one of the towels and was able to bring the temperature down. AGAIN all these readings are from my separate thermometer which I have taped inside.

Any pointers or instructions that any of you have used and has worked to troubleshoot this problem? Is wrapping it really necessary? I read somewhere on a thread that wrapping a bowl around it while not covering the hole on top is recommended.

Any guidance here would be a great help to me…..thank you
Hi I,ve got a Janoel 24 and its my first time using I,m not having a problem with temp its the humidity I,m having trouble keeping it steady I,m constantly checking it, I top up before I go to bed but it can be down to 30% when I get up and I get up at 6am, I go to lockdown tomorrow so
fl.gif
for my 3 eggs

Bantam….best of luck with the Last few days. Did you do any of what I am doing? put a separate thermometer and covering the incubator with towels?

Bantam….best of luck with the Last few days. Did you do any of what I am doing? put a separate thermometer and covering the incubator with towels?
Hi again I have a separate thermometer that also measures humidity inside but that is all I have done so hopefully all goes well

Someone pointed it out to me recently that in the "wild" the hens get off the eggs to go and get food and water, and they don't turn up the humidity on their undercarriage in the last few days of hatch :) Basically, my friend told me to "relax" and that it would work out. And so it has...

The highest rate of hatching will occur under a hen, so outside of that we can only hope for the second best rate while mimicking Mother Nature.

From what I have read, this incubator model has an excellent success rate, straight from the factory. That has also been my experience now with this model. Routinely, I have hatched 100% of all eggs that were viable which for me is 91% = 9 out of 10, those are pretty good statistics.

Happy Hatching!

Khoward. In other words I should just stop fussing with it and what happens- happens?
Its easier said than done I,m going to be busy Thurs/Fri 6th/7th doing a course and will only be back at 5pm so I will be a nervous wreck because that my hatch day is the 6th, my hubby will be home but as nothing to do with them he leaves it all up to me

Bantam. My sentiments exactly. Easier said than done. Lol

I just want to make sure I do this as best as possible.

Hi Everyone, I,m on day 19. No pips as yet
fl.gif
3 made it to lockdown so now the waiting begins
pop.gif
I will update as soon as anything happens

Back
Top Bottom