Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

Morning Everyone, Just an update I have a pip , Its day 20 so everthing is on track fingers crossed
fl.gif
everything will go to plan, will update later today

Hi everyone! This is my first hatch. I am using the Janoel 24. Wasn't really able to translate those instructions that came with it, but since I had my eggs I decided to go with the factory settings and see what happened.

Yesterday was day 18. We candled one last time and 14 out of 24 went into lockdown. All others weren't fertilized so I didn't get too sad when the numbers went down. When I got home from work there was one tiny little pip.
1f49c.png
Seven hours later - no change. Argh! It was midnight so I went to bed. At 3:30 this morning my husband told me, " well I guess your chick missed you sitting and staring at her egg so now she is looking for you"! Yay!!!!

Now it is the morning and I fully expected to see her sisters joining her by now, but nothing more. :(
I did fill the second channel with water for lockdown and I do have quite a bit of condensation on one corner of the incubator. Now I am worried I may be drowning the others. What can I do? Baby girl needs some friends and she is letting them know about it!

Hi everyone! This is my first hatch. I am using the Janoel 24. Wasn't really able to translate those instructions that came with it, but since I had my eggs I decided to go with the factory settings and see what happened.

Yesterday was day 18. We candled one last time and 14 out of 24 went into lockdown. All others weren't fertilized so I didn't get too sad when the numbers went down. When I got home from work there was one tiny little pip.
1f49c.png
Seven hours later - no change. Argh! It was midnight so I went to bed. At 3:30 this morning my husband told me, " well I guess your chick missed you sitting and staring at her egg so now she is looking for you"! Yay!!!!

Now it is the morning and I fully expected to see her sisters joining her by now, but nothing more.
sad.png

I did fill the second channel with water for lockdown and I do have quite a bit of condensation on one corner of the incubator. Now I am worried I may be drowning the others. What can I do? Baby girl needs some friends and she is letting them know about it!
Leave her in there to encourage the others but it is only day 19 and you,ve got 2 days to go so try and relax things should start moving soon , but I know how nerve wrecking it is as I,m on day 20 with 2 pips from 3 eggs fingers crossed for the rest of your hatch
fl.gif
but the waiting game is now on
pop.gif

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement! It is so nice to be able to talk to people that go through the same worries and joys!

But now I have condensation on two corners - it's quite a bit actually. I do not have an extra hygrmeter(?) in there so I am trusting the incubator, but with all the condensation, I was wondering if I should open the vent a bit. ?????

Good luck Mamashash. Congrats on your first chick. Keep updating us and fill us in on any progress

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement! It is so nice to be able to talk to people that go through the same worries and joys!

But now I have condensation on two corners - it's quite a bit actually. I do not have an extra hygrmeter(?) in there so I am trusting the incubator, but with all the condensation, I was wondering if I should open the vent a bit. ?????
Me personally would because of what I have read on other threads they say condensation is not good. The thread I follow the most is She said /He said who's wrong they have great advice and they hatch many different ways pop over and have a look but I will warn you its a very very large thread

Back
Top Bottom