Does anyone feed their chickens Brewer's Yeast?

squeakyballs

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I have a HUGE jar of brewer's yeast, and I was thinking I could give the chickens a few teaspoons a week. I figure it is chock full of nutrients and good for them. I've seen postings on here about people feeding it to their ducks, but nothing about it being good for chickens. Would a few teaspoons be enough? Or, too much?

http://www.vitamins-nutrition.org/vitamins-guide/brewers-yeast.html (This stuff)

Thank you!

Quote:
It is high in B vitamins. I recommend useing it as a probiotic after any antibiotic use becouse it returns healthy bacteria. It is best sprinkle on feed. I would say a tsp. per lb of feed.
I my self use Diamond V XPC Yeast Culture it is a lot better Yeast. It is produced by fermenting selected liquid and cereal grain raw ingredients with Baker’s yeast and drying the entire culture-media without destroying the yeast factors, B vitamins and other fermentation products.

Chris

Quote:
It is very good for people. When I had my son the lactation consultant gave me a "recipe" for a drink that was supposed to be good for nursing mothers. It had 2-3 Tablespoons of the brewers yeast, a ton of molasses, and milk. With all the vitamins, I imagine it would be good for anyone! There is also a recipe for cookies that uses a lot of brewers yeast. :)

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip-Lactation-Cookies-by-Noel-Trujillo-192346

Just make sure you are using Brewers Yeast (from a healthfood store) and not the type of yeast you use for baking! They are different.

When my wife was pregnant her mid-wife recommended that she take -

Nature's sunshine pro-biotic eleven ( Improves immune system functions)

Vitamin K ( blood clotting )

Ginger ( Helps with morning sickness )

And a multi-vitamin with out iron

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
It is high in B vitamins. I recommend useing it as a probiotic after any antibiotic use becouse it returns healthy bacteria. It is best sprinkle on feed. I would say a tsp. per lb of feed.
I my self use Diamond V XPC Yeast Culture it is a lot better Yeast. It is produced by fermenting selected liquid and cereal grain raw ingredients with Baker’s yeast and drying the entire culture-media without destroying the yeast factors, B vitamins and other fermentation products.

Chris

Where do you get this Diamond V yeast culture?

Quote:

Chris

Where do you get this Diamond V yeast culture?

I buy it by the pound a Hoegger Goat Supplies it run's $5.50 a pound

http://hoeggergoatsupply.com/xcart/product.php?productid=4164&cat=0&page=1
Chris

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom