Does anyone feed their chickens Brewer's Yeast?

I seldom brew beer anymore, but 5 gallons of beer will yield 2-3 lbs of yeast, which is a lot of nutrition. But if chickens have access to very fresh manure, that too is full of B12. Rabbit manure is best, and indeed chickens spend a lot of time under rabbit cages, but even looking for fly larvae in cow pies is enough to get mega doses of the stuff.

I am getting Pekin ducks, and they need brewers yeast in their food. They are going to be in the same pen as my chickens (researched this, it's fine to have them together), and I am wondering if chickens can have brewers yeast. The ducks are going to have a separate feeder suited for ducks, but i know that the chickens are going to want to test it out. Can they have small amounts of brewers yeast?

I use brewer's yeast nearly every day in my morning smoothie and yes it is good on popcorn. Lots of b"s and very good for you especially advantageous for those who do not eat much meat or none at all to add B's. A TBS added to bread dough makes the yeast work better if you are making homemade whole grain bread.

Back
Top Bottom