Does anyone feed their chickens Brewer's Yeast?

Waste it on chickens???
th.gif
Honey, pop up some popcorn and sprinkle some on there, add some garlic salt and any other spicey seasoning and you have a feast!!! I swear to you, everywhere I take this recipe, folks just cannot stop eating it. They say it's addictive!
pop.gif

We have been giving our dogs a tablespoon of brewer's yeast with half cup of water a day for years now. This is a natural flea and tick preventitive.
I wonder if this would prevent against mites too??

Apparently, yeast extract helps boost rooster fertility, meaning that older roosters can be kept on for longer if they have just the genes you are looking to maintain in your flock. Locally, either vegemite or marmite tends to be used, but brewer's yeast probably works too.

Brewers yeast powders have been inactivated, meaning it has no more fermenting power. However it is extrmely nutrient dense, and has some very interesting properties as a prebiotic (promoting a hhealthy enviroment for the naturally occuring probiotics to grow), helps to bind and remove sevral pathogens, and as am immunological modulator. As for the nutrients: aside from being a good natural source of B vitamins, Brewers yeast ha s a wide range of organically bound trace minerals, as well as a wide range of amino acids.

Apparently, yeast extract helps boost rooster fertility, meaning that older roosters can be kept on for longer if they have just the genes you are looking to maintain in your flock. Locally, either vegemite or marmite tends to be used, but brewer's yeast probably works too.

Unfortunately no Vegemite in the US. Too bad, I love the stuff. Never fed it to chickens though.

Back
Top Bottom