****DOG HELP*****

Rach123

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
Scotland
I know this isn't poultry related in the slightest but my dog came to me squealing with her tail between her legs and crouched low to the ground I had no idea what was wrong but after a few minutes she seemed fine again. I was then on my way to work and she started freaking out in the backseat with the same symptoms. I took her to the vet but being the man shy little girl she is, she totally tensed up when the vet (male) tried to examine her, he said her temperature, glands and everything looked fine but gave her a dose of painkillers to be on the safe side. I brought her home and she started these squealing episodes again, she has began to shake and get really uncomfortable with them and when i let her out she doesn't go to the toilet just stands. She really doesn't seem to like when i touch her rear end or lady bits and she's leaving a colourless, odorless liquid behind when she stands up. I can't get hold of a vet until the morning (hopefully a female this time). Has anyone ever experienced this with a dog before or offer me any advice to try and comfort her when these surges occur? Please anything would be hugely appreciated

Sounds like she is in pain. Possibly a back injury? I had an elderly cocker that came home from a boarding kennel with a back injury, dog would be fine and then suddenly start hollering from pain, then it would stop.

Sounds like she is in pain. Possibly a back injury? I had an elderly cocker that came home from a boarding kennel with a back injury, dog would be fine and then suddenly start hollering from pain, then it would stop.
Thanks for reply, i thought this too however i stood her straight and went down her back gently pressing with my thumbs either side of her back (what ive always been told to check for horses back pain) and she was slightly tender at the top of her tail but didn't squeak or anything so i'm not sure if its just because i was getting close to her rear :( super worried about my pup :(

Has she urinated at all? Sort of sounds like a UTI.
Thanks :) Reading up on symptoms this is looking pretty likely. Hopefully she'll cope until i can get a vet, poor pup. Any advice for easing her pain? Thanks for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom