Dog thread!šŸ¾

Have to jump in here. A couple of dogs of this breed - whether pure or mix, I don't know - attacked my then 18 yo grand daughter who was just walking past their house and nearly tore her leg off. While the owners stood by and watched. So don't tell me how sweet and adorable they are.
Okay, having said that, they were the exception. My best friend has a "bully breed" mix that really is a sweetie. I guess my point is, you can't generalize. Every dog is an individual.

Okay, having said that, they were the exception. My best friend has a "bully breed" mix that really is a sweetie. I giess my point is, you can't generalize. Every dog is an individual.
Okay Iā€™m glad you said this cause I was about to say it depends hahah Iā€™ve met aggressive Goldens too. Even had two of them attack a friends bully mix years ago just for walking by. Friends dog did nothing to defend herself. Opposite of what most people would expect. And Brew loves everyone and everything he meets. Heā€™s not pure but still. Not all of them are vicious. A lot has to do with the ownerā€™s too and those owners sound like words I canā€™t say here. Iā€™m sorry for what happened. :hugs dogs and owners like that give the breed a bad name.

Okay, having said that, they were the exception. My best friend has a "bully breed" mix that really is a sweetie. I giess my point is, you can't generalize. Every dog is an individual.
My former coworker had one that was so, so sweet. She was likely a mix, she came from a shelter and just happened to look like a pittie. But he was always just a little nervous about the other dog in the house when no onenwas home because of everything people have said and heard and seen that can happen if one thing just goes wrong. He ended up kennel training her so that both dogs were safe

My former coworker had one that was so, so sweet. She was likely a mix, she came from a shelter and just happened to look like a pittie. But he was always just a little nervous about the other dog in the house when no onenwas home because of everything people have said and heard and seen that can happen if one thing just goes wrong. He ended up kennel training her so that both dogs were safe
Thatā€™s smart!

Okay, having said that, they were the exception. My best friend has a "bully breed" mix that really is a sweetie. I guess my point is, you can't generalize. Every dog is an individual.

Especially with bully mixes, where their genetic makeup is pretty much unknown. You can have a bully mix that you call a pitbull, and it might even look the part, while not having even a trace of pitbull in them. It's just really unsafe for these blanket statements to exist in such a broad group of dogs

Especially with bully mixes, where their genetic makeup is pretty much unknown. You can have a bully mix that you call a pitbull, and it might even look the part, while not having even a trace of pitbull in them. It's just really unsafe for these blanket statements to exist in such a broad group of dogs
And then you can have dogs that look NOTHING like a pit bull and end up having a large percentage in them hahah genetics are wild!!!

All I know is that people call them miniature Australian Shepherds and they do not meet weight requirements per the ASCA.

Are they an AKC breed?
No theyā€™re not. They renamed them miniature American shepherd. Basically mini Aussie but I think they added a few things.

Back
Top Bottom