Dog thread!šŸ¾

Im thinking its because he was free fed at the home he was at before we got him. But it was only for 2 weeks.

Denver doesnt eat fast either she isnt on a slow feeder unless i wanna use meal time for mental stimulation.
Brew is free fed but he still doesnā€™t eat fast. In fact, he picks all day lol even as a puppy on a schedule he still didnā€™t eat fast. Heā€™s just not a fast eater. And I should note heā€™s not really truly free fed because I measure out a daily amount now but I put it in the bowl in the morning so he can pick at it all day if he wants. And he does. Heā€™ll usually eat some breakfast, lunch, and dinner and finish it all by the end of the day. Sometimes he leaves some. I used to truly free feed him but then he got fat.

I had always free fed up until my one dog became a diabetic. Now we are slowly trying to return to free feeding. I have the opposite problem as most of mine aren't big eaters. It's much simpler to just let them eat what they want, when they want. Seems some breeds are more predisposed to eating fast, and having an endless stomach. Our hound were like that. Always wanting to eat.

I had always free fed up until my one dog became a diabetic. Now we are slowly trying to return to free feeding. I have the opposite problem as most of mine aren't big eaters. It's much simpler to just let them eat what they want, when they want. Seems some breeds are more predisposed to eating fast, and having an endless stomach. Our hound were like that. Always wanting to eat.
Yeah that makes sense. Brew isnā€™t a huge eater either.

Back
Top Bottom