Dog thread!🐾

Pics
VideoCapture_20230616-145815.jpeg

VideoCapture_20230616-145759.jpeg

I am very happy with these puppy stacks

I would have preferred her tail to be docked a bit shorter, she still hits it on a lot of things 😅

:he Australian one :hit

View attachment 3543981

that’s actually bad for a assistance dog 😅 its means they are too sensitive

View attachment 3543982

Is this a section for selling co ownership dog
View attachment 3543983
I really wanted to find a ethical doodle club even if I don’t agree with doodles ☹️
I wouldn’t say noticing/paying attention to emotions is bad. It’s more if they get upset over it like a lot of herding breeds. But noticing and then comforting the handler is good.
View attachment 3544008
View attachment 3544009

I would have preferred her tail to be docked a bit shorter, she still hits it on a lot of things 😅
Cute! What breed?

https://www.canispanther.eu/

very interesting, sounds all most like they type of dog I was looking for before getting Fanta
Interesting, the website I linked to said that the are only solid colors. 🤔 I guess it's just different standards.
Ive never heard of Australisn Labradoodles! Yes many purebred breeders are unethical to. Thats why ive learned how to read Pedigrees and Genetics papers of dogs to really know what im getting. Im not to sure on the curlyness of the fur though.

A relative actually found a doodle on the side of the road, took him in. nobody claimed him and unfortunately he passed a few years ago. But she said, that he was a good dog. She is also a vet and she knew he was from a amish breeder but he was still ok after he got over the worms. Ticks and whatever else he had on him
I watch a guy on YouTube who specializes in Dobermans, training, breed traits, etc. He put out a video talking about all the unethical/irresponsible things a lot of backyard breeders do with dobies. Looking back on who we got Buz from, I have a couple theories as to the lady we bought him from. At the time we didn't know any better, but she was definitely not the most responsible, and probably not ethical!
How can they akc register the puppies? Is it just a sports register? they also can’t breed a mix to a purebred breed standard

health testing, registering, doing somethings before the puppies go to a home doesn’t equal ethical or well-bred to me

if ever remember the kennel name I would love to have a look and see if they are what I would call ethical
With sports you can have "All American" dogs, which are basically mutts. My guess is that any type of doodle would count as an All American.
What is ethical then? Only purebred? What about purpose bred mixes? Genuinely curious cause I know that might’ve sounded sarcastic or sassy or whatever but it wasn’t.
Ethical would be not inbreeding, doing health testing to make sure that the puppies won't end up with genetic issues, even making sure that the puppies will have good personalities by carefully choosing the dogs you breed. You can have unethically bred PBs (like I said above about dobies). If ethical breeding meant only PBs, then we would literally have no specific breeds and even possibly only one kind of dog.
But there’s a LOT of people who don’t care about doing dog sports or conformation shows or any of that and just want a good family companion. There needs to be breeders breeding those.
But a show line lab still would make a good pet even a working line one. They don’t have to be bred only for companionship to make a good pet
I believe there are some people out there who are ethical, but still breed for good companion dogs. Plus, there are certain breeds that generally make for good family pets (like @SpotTheCat said about labs).
Yes, but there can't be a breeder ethically breeding dogs as simply companions. Not every dog out of a show litter is going to make the cut (most won't) those go to pet homes. Same thing, not every herding dog will be good at herding
And that's why breeders who help you pick a puppy based on you, your family, your lifestyle are so wonderful! It might mean that if you want a girl of a specific color (let's say I want a tri-color border collie) but all the puppies in a litter are super hyper, and I need a laid back dog, I might have to wait until the next litter or search for another breeder, because that breeder won't let me buy a puppy that wouldn't work well with me.
View attachment 3543935
View attachment 3543936
:eek:
well I don’t like the uk Australian doodle club I also cannot find a breed standard on their website. I will be looking for the non uk one
Um, yikes! I thought it had been proven that early neutering was an issue! I get that you don't want young dogs to have puppies too early, but that's where a responsible owner comes in! We live in the country with tons of intact dogs running around. Uki went into heat much earlier than expected. So, we went outside with her no matter what to make sure no males smelled her and jumped our fence. Sure, it was a pain to have to go out with her every time (especially because we also had a 5-week-old dobie puppy also needing all our attention), but she was way too young to get pregnant!
American on was okay until

View attachment 3543965

and this is weird wording to me, I didn’t think the dwarfing of dogs did anything bad, just the bad breeding of small dogs?
View attachment 3543967

Also they keep talking about the doodles making eye contact which is extremely weird thing to try to breed into your dog to me
Not sure that I would breed that into a dog, but it is a breed trait for Dobermans. That's one reason they are so intimidating is they just stand there and stare you down. (Believe me, when you get up in the middle of the night and your Doberman is standing in the hall staring at you, it's kinda scary even if you know the dog. 😆)
View attachment 3544008
View attachment 3544009

Oh my gosh! So cute! 😍

I wouldn’t say noticing/paying attention to emotions is bad. It’s more if they get upset over it like a lot of herding breeds. But noticing and then comforting the handler is good.
noticing is fine but too much of a reaction is bad because the tasks for emotional stuff actually have to be trained, if they dog reacts too much to your emotions then they are normally too stressed, etc to actually help

Cute! What breed?
English springer spaniel, She takes the springer literally😆
Interesting, the website I linked to said that the are only solid colors. 🤔 I guess it's just different standards.

I watch a guy on YouTube who specializes in Dobermans, training, breed traits, etc. He put out a video talking about all the unethical/irresponsible things a lot of backyard breeders do with dobies. Looking back on who we got Buz from, I have a couple theories as to the lady we bought him from. At the time we didn't know any better, but she was definitely not the most responsible, and probably not ethical!

With sports you can have "All American" dogs, which are basically mutts. My guess is that any type of doodle would count as an All American.

Ethical would be not inbreeding, doing health testing to make sure that the puppies won't end up with genetic issues, even making sure that the puppies will have good personalities by carefully choosing the dogs you breed. You can have unethically bred PBs (like I said above about dobies). If ethical breeding meant only PBs, then we would literally have no specific breeds and even possibly only one kind of dog.
technically all purebred are inbred :D inbreeding isn’t necessarily bad it depends on how inbred and the general health of the line

I believe there are some people out there who are ethical, but still breed for good companion dogs. Plus, there are certain breeds that generally make for good family pets (like @SpotTheCat said about labs).

And that's why breeders who help you pick a puppy based on you, your family, your lifestyle are so wonderful! It might mean that if you want a girl of a specific color (let's say I want a tri-color border collie) but all the puppies in a litter are super hyper, and I need a laid back dog, I might have to wait until the next litter or search for another breeder, because that breeder won't let me buy a puppy that wouldn't work well with me.

Um, yikes! I thought it had been proven that early neutering was an issue! I get that you don't want young dogs to have puppies too early, but that's where a responsible owner comes in! We live in the country with tons of intact dogs running around. Uki went into heat much earlier than expected. So, we went outside with her no matter what to make sure no males smelled her and jumped our fence. Sure, it was a pain to have to go out with her every time (especially because we also had a 5-week-old dobie puppy also needing all our attention), but she was way too young to get pregnant!

Not sure that I would breed that into a dog, but it is a breed trait for Dobermans. That's one reason they are so intimidating is they just stand there and stare you down. (Believe me, when you get up in the middle of the night and your Doberman is standing in the hall staring at you, it's kinda scary even if you know the dog. 😆)

Oh my gosh! So cute! 😍
Thank you! She is cute but intelligent isn’t her strong point 🤣

noticing is fine but too much of a reaction is bad because the tasks for emotional stuff actually have to be trained, if they dog reacts too much to your emotions then they are normally too stressed, etc to actually help

English springer spaniel, She takes the springer literally😆

technically all purebred are inbred :D inbreeding isn’t necessarily bad it depends on how inbred and the general health of the line

Thank you! She is cute but intelligent isn’t her strong point 🤣
Hmm I guess that makes sense. But personally, I love a dog that cares lol it’s why I love retrievers.

And I love those!!!

View attachment 3543935
View attachment 3543936
:eek:
well I don’t like the uk Australian doodle club I also cannot find a breed standard on their website. I will be looking for the non uk one

American on was okay until

View attachment 3543965

and this is weird wording to me, I didn’t think the dwarfing of dogs did anything bad, just the bad breeding of small dogs?
View attachment 3543967

Also they keep talking about the doodles making eye contact which is extremely weird thing to try to breed into your dog to me
Here is my opinion on the matter:

All these requirements of having the pups neutered are ridiculous as they are invalid.
Neutering a puppy before adulthood is purposefully damaging the dogs health as it has shown to cause a lot of health issues.

As soon as the payment for the dog is realised and the new owners have the puppy in their possession all other "requirements" by the seller are null and void.

Of course they are trying to keep the possible/future competitors intimidated and out of the picture by these "requirements", but there is nothing ethical about it.

If they really cared for all the abandoned dogs in shelters etc. , they would not mix breeds (asking ridiculous amounts of money for mutts) to add to dog overpopulation but adopt shelter dogs.

I am jealous its all ways been a dream of my to find either a stray kitten or dog 😆 preferably a kitten
Back in 2021 we came home from vacation to find a stray cat had had a litter on our front porch. Within a week while I was at work I got a call from my son. The mother cat had moved her kittens, but left one behind. The kitten was following my son around the yard, mewing. Momma didn't come get her so we brought her inside, and bought milk and bottles. She chose us.

Our GSD/mix, Cleo, adopted the kitten as her own offspring...

IMG_20210826_193241239~2.jpg

IMG_20210811_185643847.jpg

And they're still friends.
IMG_20220501_180941811.jpg

Back
Top Bottom