Dog thread!šŸ¾

Back in 2021 we came home from vacation to find a stray cat had had a litter on our front porch. Within a week while I was at work I got a call from my son. The mother cat had moved her kittens, but left one behind. The kitten was following my son around the yard, mewing. Momma didn't come get her so we brought her inside, and bought milk and bottles. She chose us.

Our GSD/mix, Cleo, adopted the kitten as her own offspring...

View attachment 3544233
View attachment 3544244

And they're still friends.
View attachment 3544254
Our cat Squirrel was a couple years old when we got Uki. Uki was 4 weeks old when we found her. At first Squirrel stalked her, but they quickly became friends. They still like each other, too.
Squirrel and Uki.jpg

Did a speed read through the discussion on breeding and doodles. Good for you all for staying respectful by the way, love that! As this topic can get off the rails. Not sure I saw my biggest recommendation to anyone looking for a purebred pup.... Go to the website for that breeds "Club of America." (Example is you live in America.) If you're looking for a Leonberger pup for example, very first place on the Internet is NOT "puppy dot this or that!!" It's Leonberger Club of America. Find the breeder list. Contact those people in your area. They are all so well networked that if they don't have a litter coming up, they'll refer to someone they know or whom they share agreements with. If you find someone advertising Leonberger pups on the world wide web, MOVE ON. No one has to do that. If you do inquire with a "breeder," not registered with LCA, ask them why??? Bet you won't hear back from them. And seriously when it comes to doodles... I've been shocked and horrified to see Newfiedoodle, Bernadoodle and on and on popping up. What on earth reason would there be to make more and more of these other than for profit? Just my opinion of course and NOT saying I don't like some of the Original mixes just saying I think it's getting out of control.

Did a speed read through the discussion on breeding and doodles. Good for you all for staying respectful by the way, love that! As this topic can get off the rails. Not sure I saw my biggest recommendation to anyone looking for a purebred pup.... Go to the website for that breeds "Club of America." (Example is you live in America.) If you're looking for a Leonberger pup for example, very first place on the Internet is NOT "puppy dot this or that!!" It's Leonberger Club of America. Find the breeder list. Contact those people in your area. They are all so well networked that if they don't have a litter coming up, they'll refer to someone they know or whom they share agreements with. If you find someone advertising Leonberger pups on the world wide web, MOVE ON. No one has to do that. If you do inquire with a "breeder," not registered with LCA, ask them why??? Bet you won't hear back from them. And seriously when it comes to doodles... I've been shocked and horrified to see Newfiedoodle, Bernadoodle and on and on popping up. What on earth reason would there be to make more and more of these other than for profit? Just my opinion of course and NOT saying I don't like some of the Original mixes just saying I think it's getting out of control.
How about Aussie doodles and now im seing huskies crossed with doodles and gsd crossed with doodles. I dont find the reason for them to make all these extras either.

I know neither of my dogs i own were ethically bred. Although Denver was from a accidental litter a friend had the mom was under 2 years old, and she did have some pretesting done but they didnt want to breed her as she was to young. She came from field lines, and they planned on doing field trials. (This is what we were told). Then the father of the litter was a AKC registered male Golden that was 3 years old. No testing, no showing nothing. I didnt realize at the time how important the testing was.

Tucker came from a breeder that lived in the country and he apparently had puppies stollen so we didnt get to see the parents let alone any other littermates of the puppies. Another thing was we didnt meet the breeder(as a friend needed to rehome him). They did transfer th genetic warranty, plus health warranty. I didnt think Tucker was PB at first but Embark says he was. He also carries one trait of ICH.

If i am to every get another golden i have a list of ethical breeders i found on the Golden Retriever Club of America.

What about malinois cross husky, not a doodle but still a wonderful cross
My grandparents use to have a German Shepherd Husky. The only dog my grandpa loved the most he lived to be 20 or 25 i dont remember. He would always greet is with big hugs and kisses. Guard the house like it was his life, and protect any kittens or kids that walked in that yard. He scared every coyote off. And wouldnt come inside. He lived a happy life! My grandpa wont get another dog and you cant even talk about Buddy without him crying.

How about Aussie doodles and now im seing huskies crossed with doodles and gsd crossed with doodles. I dont find the reason for them to make all these extras either.
$$$$$$$ is the reason.

We've always had mixed breed dogs, BUT if I were going to get a purebred I would buy from a reputable breeder. They will have pet quality puppies that are healthy, no hip dysplasia, etc. and at a reasonable price.

Back
Top Bottom