Dog thread!🐾

Pics
$$$$$$$ is the reason.

We've always had mixed breed dogs, BUT if I were going to get a purebred I would buy from a reputable breeder. They will have pet quality puppies that are healthy, no hip dysplasia, etc. and at a reasonable price.
I know money is the reason.

I would only rescue mixed breeds. And even ethical breeders can have puppies that have hip dysplasia and that arent healthy.

I'm actually still not 100% sure I'd Buddy comes from an ethical breeder. They show and do agility, and they're very successful too. They are a multi breed judge, and very active in the breed club. When we went to get a puppy though, no health testing was shown. Granted, we didn't ask. So I don't know

I know money is the reason.

I would only rescue mixed breeds. And even ethical breeders can have puppies that have hip dysplasia and that arent healthy.
They x-ray the puppies for hip dysplasia.

I had a Lab/GSD cross, wonderful dog, one in a million. She had hip dysplasia and I lost her before she was 9.
Tirzah.jpg

I thought mixed breeds couldn't get it but it can happen when the parents carry the genes. They don't have to be purebred.

I'm actually still not 100% sure I'd Buddy comes from an ethical breeder. They show and do agility, and they're very successful too. They are a multi breed judge, and very active in the breed club. When we went to get a puppy though, no health testing was shown. Granted, we didn't ask. So I don't know
Usually you have to ask for it. They sound reputable to me.

I know, hope I didn't come off as defensive😅! I wrote it in more of a joking way if anything. But yes, back then we had no idea what an ethical breeder was. I guess they are, the coolest thing they did is having a breeder from Switzerland I believe, bring their dogs out for us to see the different lines

1686946876316.jpeg

1686946914248.jpeg

1686946990202.jpeg

This is Nala. She is a Labrador and Australian Shepherd mix. She’s 2 years old.
She was given to me very unexpectedly by a trail riding outfitter.

1686947102750.jpeg

1686947172651.jpeg

This is Ruger. He is a German Shepherd, Heeler, and Chow Chow mix. He is three years old. It’s actually a super long story as to how we got him, but we’ll just sum it up by saying he was abandoned by his owners.

:barnie I was talking to somebody who was looking for people to test a new assistance dog harness design, I would get it at a discount not free so of course I am asking questions. not that many I have asked about 3 questions then suddenly they say all the spaces have been filled. Does anybody else have a issue with this? I had no opportunity to say I wanted it, just a sudden nope no more spaces

Back
Top Bottom