Dog thread!šŸ¾

Fanta also went through fear periods but she was much faster to calm down and actually look what scared her, she would quite quickly start creeping carefully towards it. Which is a much needed reaction! some things that have happened to Fanta, she has been yelled at by a stranger in a shop, had someone poke her near the base of her tail while she wasnā€™t looking at them and had a car do a extremely loud screeching noise while turning nearby

this is not including all the other noise and things she has needed to work near

when things happen is when I need my dog to work, I donā€™t except no reaction but I canā€™t have her scared for the next 10minutes
Ahh okay that makes sense. Yeah, the recovery time seems really slow.

I do hope you can work it out. And if you can't maybe another giant schnauzer would be a good choice.
we want something smaller šŸ˜† Fanta is still my main AD but she keeps hurting herself and we arenā€™t going to spay her. So the plan was to get a family, sport and spare AD. Thats also what makes deciding what to do so difficult

she hasnā€™t washed out 100% yet, we are going to try a few different things and see what happens. She is much more confident when we take her out with Fanta so we are going to take them both to the garden centre and see what her reaction is

we want something smaller šŸ˜† Fanta is still my main AD but she keeps hurting herself and we arenā€™t going to spay her. So the plan was to get a family, sport and spare AD. Thats also what makes deciding what to do so difficult

she hasnā€™t washed out 100% yet, we are going to try a few different things and see what happens. She is much more confident when we take her out with Fanta so we are going to take them both to the garden centre and see what her reaction is
I think taking her with Fanta will help.

Pibbles don't seem to get much love around here, but I love my two sweethearts. Sophie, left, is the sweetest dog you'll ever meet. Literally. She's turned people that don't like ANY dogs into dog lovers. I can trust her alone with baby chicks. She babysat our newborn baby goats while the moms went off to forage. I'll have had her 9 years tomorrow, and I got her when she was 2yo. She's never once hurt another living thing.

Russian, center, was a rescue. He was skin and bones with a broken tail and bite wounds alll over. (I didn't name him, btw, that was hubby's doing.). He's understandably food aggressive but he's getting better. He'll chase cats and the goats and chickens, so he's not allowed in with them. He's good with people and kiids, and protects our property just by looking formidable.

The wee little twinkie on the right is Charlie. She was orphaned at 3wks when coyotes killed her mama leaving a litter of 6 babies. The 'breeder' didn't want to raise them by hand and was going to euthanize them. A neighbor took the whole litter and called out for help. Charlie is going to be 9wks old on Thursday, and she's thriving. Her little 3lb self is smart as a whip. She already walks great on a leash and uses her pee pads. She learned to sit in a matter of minutes and her recall is 100%. Russian wants to pick her up and carry her around, so we keep those two separated.

Attachments

• SophiaSM.jpg
    SophiaSM.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Russian.jpg
    Russian.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5987.jpg
    IMG_5987.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 1
Pibbles don't seem to get much love around here, but I love my two sweethearts. Sophie, left, is the sweetest dog you'll ever meet. Literally. She's turned people that don't like ANY dogs into dog lovers. I can trust her alone with baby chicks. She babysat our newborn baby goats while the moms went off to forage. I'll have had her 9 years tomorrow, and I got her when she was 2yo. She's never once hurt another living thing.

Russian, center, was a rescue. He was skin and bones with a broken tail and bite wounds alll over. (I didn't name him, btw, that was hubby's doing.). He's understandably food aggressive but he's getting better. He'll chase cats and the goats and chickens, so he's not allowed in with them. He's good with people and kiids, and protects our property just by looking formidable.

The wee little twinkie on the right is Charlie. She was orphaned at 3wks when coyotes killed her mama leaving a litter of 6 babies. The 'breeder' didn't want to raise them by hand and was going to euthanize them. A neighbor took the whole litter and called out for help. Charlie is going to be 9wks old on Thursday, and she's thriving. Her little 3lb self is smart as a whip. She already walks great on a leash and uses her pee pads. She learned to sit in a matter of minutes and her recall is 100%. Russian wants to pick her up and carry her around, so we keep those two separated.

I don't think anyone here doesn't like pibbles. We just think proper terminology is super important. Nice dogs, by the way!

Nothing wrong with bully mixes! like Fluffy said the correct terminology is important and for people to understand the type of dog they get! There are a lot of dogs (many that I would own!) that can be dangerous if people donā€™t understand them and donā€™t take care of them properly

your dogs sound like great dogs!

Your pups are adorable!
What breed fo uou think Charlie is?

Charlie's mom looked like a chi/toy fox terrier cross. Nobody knows what the sire was. They owned the female and a male mastiff, but he wasn't the father. I'd love to get her DNA tested to find out.
If you do DNA test i would love to know her full breed!
I reccomend Embark by the way they were super quick and easy. They even sent out a back up swab when ours didnt arrive in time at their lab. Luckily it was recieved and we didnt havd to use the swab.

Back
Top Bottom