Dog thread!šŸ¾

Nobody likes rain here šŸ˜…
Pikelet loves water just not the bath or the rain, she is obsessed with the hose

Twiggy is scared of water she wonā€™t even walk into the fish section of a pet shop :lau
Fanta is happy to go out if I go out with her otherwise she only goes out when she is desperate, apparently we both have to be miserable in the rain :rolleyes:

Pepsi is starting to avoid going out in the rainšŸ„² she didnā€™t the first few times I let her out

Nobody likes rain here šŸ˜…
Pikelet loves water just not the bath or the rain, she is obsessed with the hose

Twiggy is scared of water she wonā€™t even walk into the fish section of a pet shop :lau
Fanta is happy to go out if I go out with her otherwise she only goes out when she is desperate, apparently we both have to be miserable in the rain :rolleyes:

Pepsi is starting to avoid going out in the rainšŸ„² she didnā€™t the first few times I let her out
Thatā€™s hilarious lol

Brew avoids puddles šŸ¤£

But heā€™ll wade in the water a little if itā€™s really hot out or thereā€™s other dogs in the water hah

I have three and will share their stories and photos soon. This morning, though, I had to feel sorry for a bunny rabbit, but also enjoyed watching the dogs having a blast and doing what dogs do.... but.... poor bunny. I couldn't do anything to save him.

You see, the dogs have a fenced yard where they spend all their outdoor time. Very secure. Any other critter gets into that yard must have a death wish. So I let the dogs out this morning for their business, and immediately saw flashes of black, white and brown running the Indy500 around the fenceline, across the yard, back around the fenceline, under the deck, out again, In the dim half-light of early dawn it was hard to see... but then a little flash of brown racing out in front of the pack..... uh oh. Oh no.

One is a Jack Russell. No slowing that one down. The second is a shepherd-mix, just in it for the fun. Third is a beagle - should have been right behind the JR and baying his head off, but he's elderly, overweight and has joint issues, so he just did his best to be involved without actually running fast.

I really do wish I hadn't let this happen. I love bunnies! But what could I do? When they're chasing a critter, there's no calling them back (Here, doggy doggy! Here doggy doggy! Yeah...... no). The shepherd would have responded to my command, but the JR and beagle.... no chance. And if they can't catch the bunny, neither can I. If I open the gate... no, BAD idea. What to do? ...... sadly, nothing I could do.

At one point, the JR and Shepherd drove the rabbit under our deck (it is enclosed underneath with just one entrance/exit for the dogs). There is a gap at the other end, just big enough for a bunny. As the other two followed the rabbit under the deck (bad place to be, bunny, bad place!), the beagle placed himself outside of that gap, waiting while chaos went on inside. Just waiting. And he was rewarded, as the bunny squeezed through the gap. Didn't get a bite, but he got a taste of the fun. And the race was on again.

Not wanting to see the finale since at this point a quick death is the best option, I went back inside. And now my day is spoiled. Apparently, I have some work to do on fencing to be sure another critter can't squeeze INto the yard.

:D

Screenshot_20231023-052048.png

Back
Top Bottom