Dog thread!šŸ¾

Hey guys! I'm hoping to get a puppy soon. I've been looking at this one breeder, Denzil's Goldens. https://denzilsgoldens.com/

Does anyone think they look good? I've been able to have good communication with them which is positive, theyā€™re very kind about responding and are open to me visiting before filling out any applications.
They have health clearances at least but seem to vary a lot in type and also I do NOT like that they have 3 litters on the ground at once. Or that they donā€™t seem to show or work or anything. They seem to be a BYB to me who just happens to health test. You could do worse but you could also do way better. Itā€™d be a no from me. BUT thatā€™s just me. They do health test so that is good and you could do it if you want.

More things

-contract says they will guarantee hip/elbows for 36 months only if fed a specific food
-contract says if the puppy gets checked by a vet within 72hours is at risk because of a congenital defect they replace or refund the puppy only if the puppy is the same mentally and physically as before
-if you canā€™t pick the puppy up at 8weeks they will charge you for every day they have to keep the puppy until pick up

I personally would not go with them it feels very business like šŸ˜… why do they need a pop up chat thing?!
The more I read through their contract the more I donā€™t like it

-if you return the puppy they donā€™t have to refund you (doesnā€™t specify if this is returning because of health issues or other reasons)
-if your dog is ever under or other weight it nulls the health guarantee
-they can ask you to take the puppy to a specific vet or get dna test done (for claiming the health guarantee) but they have said multiple times they wonā€™t pay vet fees, they donā€™t say if you would have to pay for the vet visit/dna test or if they will
-if you return the puppy you have to do it within 7 work days

The more I read through their contract the more I donā€™t like it

-if you return the puppy they donā€™t have to refund you (doesnā€™t specify if this is returning because of health issues or other reasons)
-if your dog is ever under or other weight it nulls the health guarantee
-they can ask you to take the puppy to a specific vet or get dna test done (for claiming the health guarantee) but they have said multiple times they wonā€™t pay vet fees, they donā€™t say if you would have to pay for the vet visit/dna test or if they will
-if you return the puppy you have to do it within 7 work days
I kind of like the they canā€™t be over weight thing cause way too many people make the dogs obese. But it is weird to have under weight included or to null the guarantee for either. Unless theyā€™re worried people will starve their dogs.

They have health clearances at least but seem to vary a lot in type and also I do NOT like that they have 3 litters on the ground at once. Or that they donā€™t seem to show or work or anything. They seem to be a BYB to me who just happens to health test. You could do worse but you could also do way better. Itā€™d be a no from me. BUT thatā€™s just me. They do health test so that is good and you could do it if you want.
There isnā€™t a page for 2 of females that have/will have a litter šŸ¤” there is only one thats not retired

Ok, thanks guys. Iā€™ll have to think about this. My parents wanted me to only get one from someone who breeds specifically for temperament and stuff so it seemed like a good fit, and Iā€™ve appreciated the quick text responses from the breeder. But sounds like not a very good option?

Any other Golden Retriever breeders in Washington that breed for temperament and have gone on to be service animals?

Ok, thanks guys. Iā€™ll have to think about this. My parents wanted me to only get one from someone who breeds specifically for temperament and stuff so it seemed like a good fit, and Iā€™ve appreciated the quick text responses from the breeder. But sounds like not a very good option?

Any other Golden Retriever breeders in Washington that breed for temperament and have gone on to be service animals?
I would ask around. Join groups. The very best breeders most likely won't need a website to sell there pups and will operate solely through word of mouth.

Making the pups leave at 8 weeks is a little early imo. Only really acceptable for LGD's
Thatā€™s how everybody does it. At least all the show breeders. 6-7 weeks is early. Although I do actually agree 8 weeks is a little early and some are changing now to keep them later. But 8 weeks is still the standard and the legal age to go.

I would ask around. Join groups. The very best breeders most likely won't need a website to sell there pups and will operate solely through word of mouth.
Everything is digital now. I find it weird when a breeder doesnā€™t have a website or doesnā€™t update it. Yet most donā€™t.

Back
Top Bottom