Dog thread!šŸ¾

If you can find me a dog from health tested, known parents and/or champion pedigrees, etc. at an auction, Iā€™d take it but I doubt it. Theyā€™re probably dumped from puppy mills
Alot of retired breeder dogs that 30 years ago these same people would have just shot. Go to auctions and you will be surprised what you find.

Alot of retired breeder dogs that 30 years ago these same people would have just shot. Go to auctions and you will be surprised what you find.
Reputable breeders donā€™t dump dogs at auctions. Theyā€™re probably from puppy mills. That wouldnā€™t surprise me. Or maybe breeders used to dump dogs or still do, idk. But not reputable ones. Now they rehome them themselves or keep them as pets. Iā€™ve seen a lot of retired breeders for adoption but not at auctions. But maybe I would be surprised, idk.

Wow, Iā€™m a bit confused. I know I should be very, very careful with choosing a breeder, although my therapist is advocating that I get one asap for the extra support and refocusing that mental energy on a pup rather than my depression.
So whereā€™s the confusion? You want to make sure youā€™re getting one from a reputable breeder and not supporting puppy mills or otherwise. If you need one faster, you could always rescue a dog. They have tons of puppies nowadays. And ESAs donā€™t need to be any specific breed, temperament, or training since they donā€™t have public access. So a rescue would work fine.

Reputable breeders donā€™t dump dogs at auctions. Theyā€™re probably from puppy mills. That wouldnā€™t surprise me. Or maybe breeders used to dump dogs or still do, idk. But not reputable ones. Now they rehome them themselves or keep them as pets. Iā€™ve seen a lot of retired breeders for adoption but not at auctions. But maybe I would be surprised, idk.

I think in my state you have to be registered with the dept of agriculture. For whatever that's worth.
Nothing is 100%
I didn't say it was a reputable practice. I was saying I can get 2 breeder dogs for less than 50 with papers or better yet just buy a pregnant dog with papers as well as sire info at the auction and sell those pups for 1000 each. Just because someone says they have testing doesn't mean much.
I'm not talking regular auctions with everything. I'm talking only dogs from breeders, every month or so

Screenshot_20231221_162654_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
I think in my state you have to be registered with the dept of agriculture. For whatever that's worth.
Nothing is 100%
I didn't say it was a reputable practice. I was saying I can get 2 breeder dogs for less than 50 with papers or better yet just buy a pregnant dog with papers as well as sire info at the auction and sell those pups for 1000 each. Just because someone says they have testing doesn't mean much.
I'm not talking regular auctions with everything. I'm talking only dogs from breeders, every month or so

View attachment 3709878

One can provide a link to the OFAs of their breeders. If they cannot produce that, then we are not dealing with an ethical breeder, and I don't think anyone here thinks otherwise in regards to whether or not BYBs dump dogs in all sorts of unsuitable places

Nothing is 100%

View attachment 3709878
Ive never seen dogs sold at auctions before.

Nothing is 100%

View attachment 3709878
This just proves my point that theyā€™re from puppy mills considering each kennel has like 5-10 breeds.

Back
Top Bottom