Dog thread!🐾

He’s gorgeous!!! What breed?
She is an Australian Shepherd/Tervueren cross
I got my Dobermann pinscher as a 3 year old rescue, of course she had some issues, not liking to be tied up ( the former owners left her tied up at a supermarket and drove off) and barking if the car went slower than 60m/hr , and she was afraid of men, but after a lot of tlc and training, she was a wonderful dog who was safe with the family, pulled a sleigh , even with my about 170 pound hubby on it 🤪 . She was very susceptible to tummy bug, the first Euros I ever spent was at an animal clinic cos she was suffering from bloody diarrhea 🙄 , our 2. three year old rescue was a Portugiese mountain dog, who was very special and smart as a whip. When a cat jumped up stacked wood, the Dobermann would be sniffing the ground, wondering, where she had gotten to, the mountain dog just jumped up ( cat was faster over the fence 😉) and he refused to pull a sleigh, why should he 🤷🏻‍♀️😂 I could never let him off the leash, cos then he got „deaf“ , he didn’t run away, but went where he liked 🤪

Last edited:
I've had a bunch of dogs that ended up being an esa for me. Any dog can fill that bill, but getting a dog and assigning it that job may never work out. I've seen plenty of posts on Facebook about failed esa.

Can't say I've ever had a bad dog, just some are more comforting and some can drive you bonkers, but they all can help a person to feel better.

Just be careful because when you lose them, it is quite devastating to lose an esa. No one is left to help you cope. So my answer is always keep a few extra so there's always someone there when you need them. :)

I've had a bunch of dogs that ended up being an esa for me. Any dog can fill that bill, but getting a dog and assigning it that job may never work out. I've seen plenty of posts on Facebook about failed esa.

Can't say I've ever had a bad dog, just some are more comforting and some can drive you bonkers, but they all can help a person to feel better.

Just be careful because when you lose them, it is quite devastating to lose an esa. No one is left to help you cope. So my answer is always keep a few extra so there's always someone there when you need them. :)
Excellent idea and points!

Awesome!!! Interesting cross
They are very high energy, one of the litter bevor her won a dog race , she excells at agility ( her slow owner holds her back 🤪) the only thing is she is gun shy and a wreck on New Year ( all the fireworks)
I also have a brown lab I look after once a week, she is an exception and belongs to the tribe „if you are upset, don’t bother me“ 🤪 the dogs I have/had always come running and try to comfort me if I’m upset 😇

It is hard if you want a AD/SD! I couldn’t wait for months or years for mine, like other people who want companion dog can

You can look at the akc marketplace find litters close to you then research the breeder. Contact the breed club and ask them about breeders

you may have to wait until next year, breeders my not be advertising their litters because of how close it is to Christmas

and remember a lot of people on the Internet decided on “rules” they think breeders most follow which isn’t true, specially if you are looking for a working dog

Rescue isn’t necessarily good for ESA, having a dog with behaviour issues is extremely mentally draining! Not to mention the period of them getting used to the house is not fun either, its a lot worse then a puppy

also I thought they said they wanted a ESA and a service dog?
Yes, exactly! And I’ve fostered dogs before from my local humane society, and generally they just aren’t quite right for the job. Usually they have some sort of behavioral issue, like resource guarding and such. BUT I love them, and rescues can be total angels, they just aren’t usually quite right for a service dog.
And they said possibly a service dog, not definitely yet.
My doctor prescribed me one, so it probably will be a PSD. That’s my fault earlier for not completely clarifying.

Yes, exactly! And I’ve fostered dogs before from my local humane society, and generally they just aren’t quite right for the job. Usually they have some sort of behavioral issue, like resource guarding and such. BUT I love them, and rescues can be total angels, they just aren’t usually quite right for a service dog.

My doctor prescribed me one, so it probably will be a PSD. That’s my fault earlier for not completely clarifying.
Ah okay. Yeah, for a true service dog probably not a great fit. But I was thinking just ESA they would work. But since I know now that’s not what you’re looking for, probably not.

Ah okay. I must’ve misinterpreted then. And I personally think the tests are extremely important and worth the price but I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on that. I do see your point.
I agree, the testing part i want.
I have my next breeder picked
They do all health testing, OFAs and they are high in AKC shows.

Back
Top Bottom