Dog thread!🐾

I totally understand that breeds have genetics and are more likely to do certain stuff, but I don't believe just because a dog is a certain breed mean it will act a certain way, there's plenty of very sweet GSDs
Which technically isn’t the breed standard. They’re not supposed to be Golden Retriever puppy dog temperament. They’re supposed to be aloof to strangers but confident and approachable. AKA they won’t necessarily bite you but they’re not supposed to want to be your best friend either. They’re supposed to be relatively neutral.

Which technically isn’t the breed standard. They’re not supposed to be Golden Retriever puppy dog temperament. They’re supposed to be aloof to strangers but confident and approachable. AKA they won’t necessarily bite you but they’re not supposed to want to be your best friend either. They’re supposed to be relatively neutral.
Yes, that's true, but not every dog of a breed act the same. There's pitfalls that and sweet and golden retrievers that are aggressive. I just mean it's not fair to say "especially this breed or that breed" when yed, they are bred for a purpose, but not every dog is the same

Yes, that's true, but not every dog of a breed act the same. There's pitfalls that and sweet and golden retrievers that are aggressive. I just mean it's not fair to say "especially this breed or that breed" when yed, they are bred for a purpose, but not every dog is the same
I understand what you're saying. But, when I see a germie, my reaction won't be the same as to a golden.

Yeah true

I tend to just assume any dog I see could be aggressive, it's safer that way for me and willow.
That is the best thing to presume with strange dogs but it is still important to know that different breeds as a whole will react differently. It's mostly important for the owners but its still important to talk about because if people keep hearing "its just a stereotype" "all dogs can bite" etc, they think breed traits aren't real.

Pepsi automatic reaction to most things is bit, excited bit something, playing bit, interested probably put it in mouth. And the damage she can do with a proper aggressive bite will be different to a retriever

When Shorty was at that teenage phase she suddenly stopped coming when called. I just left her standing there, and went in the house, and closed the door. A few moments later I opened it up, and she immediately ran in. Boston's don't like to leave their owners, so that was short lived for Shorty.

She now has selective hearing, but responds well to me showing her the leash I carry with me. It's so embarrassing to be the one that gets puts on the leash. :lol:
Ive been having to do that with Denver. She loves being outside, but will sit at the corner of the house and not come in after 20 plus minutes of being out so i learned just to start going inside and close the door she comes running quick🤣.

Back
Top Bottom