Dominique Thread!

I do find that interesting (and a bit of a bummer) that a nice tight comb is not connected (clearly totally different genes) from nice tight wattles.

Hard to get both on the same bird, just too many points to select for!
It seems when you get the good wattles.. the comb falls to pieces..the joys of breeding showbirds....awwwwwwww

I do find that interesting (and a bit of a bummer) that a nice tight comb is not connected (clearly totally different genes) from nice tight wattles.

Hard to get both on the same bird, just too many points to select for!

As it is with ANY breed of animal! I guess I must be one of those that sees the good points like a glass that's half full rather than half empty LOL! Love this breed -- long wattles and all - Smiles.

As it is with ANY breed of animal! I guess I must be one of those that sees the good points like a glass that's half full rather than half empty LOL! Love this breed -- long wattles and all - Smiles.
I look for the weaknesses first so I know what to fix.... btw some of my favorite birds are not show birds..based on personality ... but I always look for the perfect bird.

Beating a dead horse with the wattles. The cockerel shown would never be nicked in points for what is in the picture. Broad, medium in length, smooth and free from folds. Good type will always be priority when showing.
Yep, I agree and know his wattles are correct as to SOP.

I just personally like them as small as possible since I hate it when my birds get frostbite...

I have such high humidity....and that with the cold...

Back
Top Bottom