Dominique Thread!

. There you go,ggarrat. I am sure you will be delighted with the chicks from draigathar. I will use this opportunity to use this example to promote the Dominique Club as this success story was a direct result from the dedicated members and club officers working together to get stock out to those interested.

Absolutely. Folks in the Dominique Club were so kind and helpful trying to connect me with some eggs. And once I joined and got access to the breeders list it made things super simple to find and get in touch with breeders in my area. I would definitely recommend joining to anyone who is on the hunt for Doms.

I got two Dominiques in a layer collection from Murray McMurray. i'm falling in love! Every time I go to the brooder room, one of them hops up on the brooder frame beside me, as if to say 'There you are, how is your day going?' They are just 5 weeks old and already showing a lot of personality.
My Dominique is the same way. She's four weeks old, and super affectionate. Moreso than my BFCM and OE. I love them all, but the Dom seems to be a very special bird! Best of luck with yours!

My girls: Nellie (Dominique) on left, Gigi (Olive Egger) and Loretta (Black French Copper Marans).

Love all these pictures!

Here is a better picture of some of our Dominique chicks. Three cockerels and five pullets...maybe. One of the pullets is hiding, you can only see her belly.

Can somebody tell me how to pronounce Dominique. I have heard people say it like dom-eh-nick, and dom-eh-neek. I know the nickname is dominickers, so the first would make since. We just got some and would like to know whats correct.

Contact the Dominique Club of America directly and they can put you in touch with one that is at least within a neighboring state.
Done, but if there is anyone here who can help I would love help from any angle I can get it. As I mentioned, I am trying to make sure that I am ready to fully commit to the breed and that it is a good fit for me before getting a serious flock going. I just want a couple of birds to run with my current flock to get a feel for the breed.

Back
Top Bottom