Dominique Thread!

Thanks! I got them from Cackle. They've been here 2 and a half days now, and all are doing great. Had some pasty butt the first two days, but none today.

We are slowly finding out who is missing after a bear broke into the brooder coop. Sadly it got one of my two Doms. Here she is with one of the Wyandottes.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I lost one of my two Dominique roosters yesterday. He was acting perfectly normal Saturday evening. Sunday morning we found him passed out on the floor of the coop. Spent a lot of time getting some fluids in him, but he was gone by nightfall. Don't know what caused it, but some of his skin looked bruised, comb looked like it had been pecked at, and my husband saw blood on one of the nest box lids. So we think he may have been injured in a fight. Poor guy. He was a nice rooster.

Awww. I don't have a rooster, but its on my wish list now. It is interesting to get a mixed collection when you are new to chickens. The lovely head dots caught my eye first thing and they rapidly became one of my favourites.

Back
Top Bottom