Dominique Thread!

And here are the same chicks, not a full week later, they sure grow fast!

They really do grow fast! This is my dom pullet

7 weeks now

Very nice tempered girls although they do jave an obsession with my head!!

My good friend's son incubated eggs at school as part of a class project and I was offered 3 of the chicks. We're hoping they are all pullets as we can't have a roo. I know that Dominique's can potentially be sexed by leg color and head spot. Is this a clear enough view of the head for anyone to get an idea of sex? The chicks legs are a light yellow, but I don't have another Dom chick to compare it to. I won't actually take possession of them until tomorrow morning, but I can post another picture then if necessary.

Thanks!

Last edited:
IT HAS THE MARkINGS OF A ROO. The side view shows a lot of white splotching. Yellow legs. And splotchy head spot. Hen only has a well defined small spot on head and dark or black legs

Last edited:
Lock down!!!! I am never gonna sleep now!!! Lol! Candled and am thrilled!!!!! The few I questioned a few days ago have changed! 1 blood ring, one questionable. ..not bad!

IT HAS THE MARkINGS OF A ROO. The side view shows a lot of white splotching. Yellow legs. And splotchy head spot. Hen only has a well defined small spot on head and dark or black legs

Thanks for your reply! I'm pretty sure it's a roo. Thankfully the woman who supplied the eggs to the classroom will take male chicks back!

Last edited:
Q.T. ... waiting! Kind of like being in the waiting room, adjacent to the delivery room. Thanks for the nice pics Alaskan. From what you're showing me, I'm hopeful that my 3 hatchery doms are actually pullets this time around.

Back
Top Bottom