Dominique Thread!

Q.T.  ... waiting!  Kind of like being in the waiting room, adjacent to the delivery room.  Thanks for the nice pics Alaskan.  From what you're showing me, I'm hopeful that my 3 hatchery doms are actually pullets this time around.
I will make sure you are the 1st to know!!!! ;)

My husband and I are new to backyard chickens. We are starting construction on our coop now. Since my nana (super sweet and sassy as all get out at 92) says Dominiques were always her favorite, that's what we are hoping to have. The trouble, we have no idea where to get them. Since we are just starting, we really only feel comfortable with 2-4. Any suggestions?

The Dominique Club of America has an excellent, informative website featuring past newsletter articles, a breeder's list and a member's list which is helpful when you want to find someone nearby to "talk shop". (You might also find that some members will have a few birds for sale even if they aren't on the breeder's list.) Add in a quarterly newsletter, a thriving, members only club page on that "f' social media site and it's a real bargain at $10.00 a year. http://www.dominiqueclub.org/

My husband and I are new to backyard chickens. We are starting construction on our coop now. Since my nana (super sweet and sassy as all get out at 92) says Dominiques were always her favorite, that's what we are hoping to have. The trouble, we have no idea where to get them. Since we are just starting, we really only feel comfortable with 2-4. Any suggestions?
If you are near Lufkin, i think there is a hatchery there

I have 5, 6 week old chicks. The two that have tons of personality are the two Dominiques. They want to be held and stroked all the time. They fly up and land on me when I go into their yard and lay on their sides with their legs in the air when I pet them. I also have two Faverolles, but they are skittish, and one Delaware who does not like to be held. I'm wishing I had all Dominiques. They have a soft little trill when they sit on my lap. They are so sweet.

4 weeks and 1 day old. The lows are in the mid 60s. Do you think I can stop providing heat?
I have 16 of them and they're going outside to a separate area of the coop on Saturday because they are way too big to stay in the brooder tubs any longer. I just don't know if I need to set a heat lamp up in the coop or not. Based on age, they'd still need heat, but they are bigger and more feathered out than my last batch was at this age.

Back
Top Bottom