Dominique Thread!

Last weekend, my dtr's fiancee stopped in to pick up kids. He stood and watched the chickens for a while, asking general questions. It was obvious that he hadn't been exposed to poultry. He commented that they looked soft. So, I scooped up one of the Doms, and let him pat her. I then gave her a good facial and neck massage, and she leaned in, and closed her eyes, looked like she was in la-la land. He laughed at the way she went limp with her legs hanging down when I started massaging her.

There are indeed white Dominiques, I have some myself. (No, they are not for sale) In fact, the very first Dominique chick I ever hatched was white, which was pretty surprising to me at the time. There are records of white Dominiques popping up all the way back to the 20's. They are not a recognized color, and as such are considered culls or novelties, depending on how serious you are about your chickeneering.
wink.png

Read more about them here: http://www.dominiquechicken.com/White_Dominiques.html

However, a breeder I know of whose line carries recessive white was incredibly generous sharing hatching eggs with several flocks across the country. While I doubt he would have deliberately used a bird carrying white in his breeding pens, (He raises them to butcher or culls them as baby chicks), still I suspect that within a few years, we will see them popping up here and there. Have patience.

Back
Top Bottom