Dominique Thread!

Trying pics again

That's not suppose to happen!!
lau.gif

I know what the genetics experts will tell you. but crap happens. That could be a BR egg that got into the incubators miss marked and sold to you as a Dom.

I had a Legbar roost last year that hatched with a Pea Comb. The "experts" said it must have been crossed with something. It was not. My bird breeds never mix. Another Genetics person took the rooster to study it, he said things happen that aren't suppose to with just the right mix of genes. That could be the case here too.

It looks more like my Cuckoo Marans than my BRs though. Interesting Let us know what you find or discover.

That's not suppose to happen!! :lau

I know what the genetics experts will tell you.  but crap happens.   That could be a BR egg that got into the incubators miss marked   and sold to you as a Dom.

I had a Legbar roost last year that hatched with a Pea Comb.    The "experts" said it must have been crossed with something. It was not.   My bird breeds never mix.    Another Genetics person took the rooster to study it, he said things happen that aren't suppose to with just the right mix of genes. That could be the case here too.

It looks more like my Cuckoo Marans than my BRs though.   Interesting Let us know what you find or discover.

Thanks for the info. I thought about the stray egg, but I would think that a BR pullet, would "look" different than her "littermates". Larger specifically, but who knows with hatcheries.

Thanks for the info. I thought about the stray egg, but I would think that a BR pullet, would "look" different than her "littermates". Larger specifically, but who knows with hatcheries.

I hatch a lot of eggs at once and I mark them in the hatching compartments, I am not sure I could tell them apart if they hatched in the wrong compartment.

And who knows if a hatchery employee would even notice or care.

idunno.gif

Here is a nice little Dominique pullet. As for feather , I guess it all comes down to the breeders interpertation of the standard and what they want out of their birds.

I keep looking back at this picture. She's so striking & I can't put my finger on why. Her contrast looks pretty & perhaps it's that she has a higher white to black ratio. I do not breed nor show Doms, but this girl looks so amazing! Great photo.
thumbsup.gif

I keep looking back at this picture. She's so striking & I can't put my finger on why. Her contrast looks pretty & perhaps it's that she has a higher white to black ratio. I do not breed nor show Doms, but this girl looks so amazing! Great photo.
thumbsup.gif

I think it is her back, to me that is the perfect back and tail set.

Great Picture.

My Impression of this hen is great body type but the barring looks almost like black laced and not barred on the body.   That may not make sense and that could be a problem with the photo and lighting too.

Still a nice looking bird.   We sure can get picky about little things, but so do judges..

I still don't know, but I thought Doms were not supposed to be barred, but Cuckoo. Need all the help I can get.

Back
Top Bottom