Dominique Thread!

@duluthralphie Love the spike and U-shape on your roos. I couldn't see a leader on the 3rd pic but the stance was at an off angle. It is so hard to get good pics of a perfect stance IMO -- my birds "freeze" or "flee" when I have a camera in hand. I've got to get them used to a tripod.

Thanks, I just use my Iphone, and my birds hate to go into the Photo booth cage. I need to find a better way to take the pictures...

When I said the judge nicked me and it was my fault, I did a rookie error....Maybe some of you know when you give a bird a warm to hot bath in soapy water and spread glycerin on them it can trigger some feather growth.....

Well this rooster decided to grow a litte 1/8th inch feather between his toes......The judge being more through found it and disqualified him. This was at the last show of the year. He had won the ones before. So it was my mistake to not check his toes...DUMB DUMB DUMB....

I was shocked when they opened the alley up and like everyone else I rushed down to see how my birds did to see the big red "disqualified" "spurs" on the card...... I looked hard to find the feather, but it was there she was right.......

I was wondering how old my Dom needs to be before the more experienced people would be able to confirm her sex by looking at her feathers. I know the boys have more white and the girls more black, but don't have a good base of knowledge to tell. She's three and half weeks now. Thanks!

I was wondering how old my Dom needs to be before the more experienced people would be able to confirm her sex by looking at her feathers. I know the boys have more white and the girls more black, but don't have a good base of knowledge to tell. She's three and half weeks now. Thanks!

I can tell on mine at hatch,,then at about a week I get a short period it is harder to tell, but can still be done.

Here are some photos. She is by far my most cuddly bird and my best flyer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom