Dominique Thread!

Seems that many of the people who have contacted me about Dominique egss have changed their mind for various reasons. I've arranged for someone to take over the flock once I have supplied eggs to everyone that was interested. This is kind of a last call-if you want eggs fron my flock contact me ASAP. If there's no more interest I'll have the new owner come pick them up.

Got the perimeter fence done today!

Candled the eggs again today, day 14. 1 was a dud, another 4 seemed odd, left them in. Most of the remaining 13 look good, with a few questionable ons mixed in. We'll see next weekend.....

Seems that many of the people who have contacted me about Dominique egss have changed their mind for various reasons. I've arranged for someone to take over the flock once I have supplied eggs to everyone that was interested. This is kind of a last call-if you want eggs fron my flock contact me ASAP. If there's no more interest I'll have the new owner come pick them up.

I did P.M. for some eggs and just wanted to say I think you'll be missed in the Dom breeding world. You have/had? lovely birds. I hope you'll still be on the thread I've gotten lots of sound advice from you.

Looks like I'm now in the dominique breeding world! I'm picking up my flock tomorrow! 2 1 year old Cocks, 3 hens, and 41 chicks!

They are all either purely Urch/Turnland or half Urch/Turnland Dominiques. I'm so excited and I'm looking forward to many years of breeding these wonderful birds!

I did P.M. for some eggs and just wanted to say I think you'll be missed in the Dom breeding world. You have/had? lovely birds. I hope you'll still be on the thread I've gotten lots of sound advice from you.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll still be around & you can always PM me. I've enjoyed the Dominiques & in all modesty do feel like I contributed to their resurgance. It's a question of resources [as in time & energy]. I was elected to the bench last fall so now I'm a judge in court as well as a poultry judge. That's taking up quite a bit of my time & something had to give.

Got 10 newly hatched chicks out of 18 shipped eggs. Not too bad I guess. All appear healthy.

celebrate.gif

Great! with those numbers are you seeing lots of "improvement"? My numbers run smaller 30-40 at hatch and 10-12 for over winter . Only 3-4 are bred and the rest are laying hens. Small time operation.

Back
Top Bottom