Dosage for Duramycin/Tetracycline??

Thank u dawg for posting that link. Basically it is1 tblsp per gallon (for the 800 sized dose). I was making the whole thing at once until I found this post. I believe this product is really helping my Maran right now. Since we started it 3 days ago, her eyes are reduced in swelling and she is more active. Is it true that it must be re-made every 24 hours to be effective? I'm assuming whoever wrote that knows something. Thanks again, guys. This forum is great.

So I should start with 1 tbp per gallon right? I have one of my 3 with respiratory problems. I want all 3 to drink it just in case the other two are exposed to the infection.

thank you Humble from georgia!!! My hen will appreciate it once i get the antibiotics down her.

Nothing, I thought I remember the dosage and I put two tbsp in one gallon and they are all fine. today I came back here just to be sure and see I way overdid it.

All of my babies are just fine and today have the right dose.

There is 6.4 oz. or 181 gram to a package , the package says 6.4 oz. OR 181 grams mixed with 12.5 gal. of water gives a mix for 800 mg , so do the math. 181 g divided by 12.5 gal = 14.48 grams per gal. ONE LEVEL TEASPOON = 5 GRAMS { USE A MEASUREING SPOON } so the safe way to make sure you don't over dose is one level teaspoon to a halt gal of water or two level teaspoon to a gal. ---------that the dosage recommended by Durvet the makers of duramycin for 800 mg dose . That's the dosage I would use to make sure it killed any and all bacteria.. my little hens have been on this dosage for 5 days now and are doing good . one of my little hens was near death and today she was clucking and eating with the rest of them. So to sum it up -------- TWO LEVEL TEASPOON PER GAL.--------ONE LEVEL TEASPOON PER 1/2 GAL. AND 1/4 TEASPOON PER QT. =700 TO 800 MG DOSE Good luck

There is 6.4 oz. or 181 gram to a package , the package says 6.4 oz. OR 181 grams mixed with 12.5 gal. of water gives a mix for 800 mg , so do the math. 181 g divided by 12.5 gal = 14.48 grams per gal. ONE LEVEL TEASPOON = 5 GRAMS { USE A MEASUREING SPOON } so the safe way to make sure you don't over dose is one level teaspoon to a halt gal of water or two level teaspoon to a gal. ---------that the dosage recommended by Durvet the makers of duramycin for 800 mg dose . That's the dosage I would use to make sure it killed any and all bacteria.. my little hens have been on this dosage for 5 days now and are doing good . one of my little hens was near death and today she was clucking and eating with the rest of them. So to sum it up -------- TWO LEVEL TEASPOON PER GAL.--------ONE LEVEL TEASPOON PER 1/2 GAL. AND 1/4 TEASPOON PER QT. =700 TO 800 MG DOSE Good luck
This is off the Durvet Brochure for Duramycin10:
Duramycin 10
(tetracycline HCl soluble powder)
For use in drinking water for prevention and treatment
of diseases susceptible to tetracycline hydrochloride.
• Contains broad spectrum anti-bacterial action of
tetracycline hydrochloride.
• Each packet contains 10 grams of tetracycline
hydrochloride activity
• Good solubility.
• Convenient package size.
• Multi species label: swine, calves, chickens, and
turkeys
6.4 oz. foil packet, 62 packets per pail
UPC# 7-45801-10570-6

E-mail [email protected]
To make 1