Drained a Hen's Abdomen.. Rest in Peace, Olivia 11-5-10

Pics
So Sorry to hear this
hugs.gif
She lived a good life with you and was definitely in good hands
hugs.gif

Sorry to hear about your Olivia. She was adorable.

I have a bantam rock, silkie, cochin cross too. She is my sons baby. She is a sweet girl, we will name her Olivia in honor of your girl. She is barred with a poofy head.

Candace

Thank you, Candace. My own Olivia was named for a young lady who loved my chickens. She and her mother were close friends of a neighbor and she would always come visit my chickens when they came up from Florida. I'll have to tell her about my Livvie, I guess. She does belong to BYC, Oliviaschicks, so she may already know.

I'm so sorry Cyn. It's always hard to lose one but it's especially hard when they are more like pets and part of the family.

hugs.gif
So sorry you lost your girl. It makes me so mad that ones we love can die so quick and their lives are so short. Take good care of you too. Gloria Jean
hugs.gif

Thank you all so much. Olivia was a very special girl, as were her two sisters. I love all my girls, but this particular girl was such a joy.

ETA: I am very glad that she didn't have to go through a long period of going downhill again. At least she went quickly.

Now I have to ask and don't make me worry. I picked up a hen yesterday and her tummy was mushy. You know near her butt. I'm not getting a lot of eggs from that flock and she is definitley wide enough to be laying. I'm not sure weather she is or not. I'm only getting three or four eggs a day and one of those is an green. The girls I'm mentioning may be Georgia girl, who is a del. Any thoughts on this.

Now I've mentioned I have four roos in this flock of about 15 or so girls. Most are older about two years, hatchery girls. One roo is Georgia boy and the others are younger. They are eating fine and i did switch them to nipples and they seem to be drinking ok.

Back
Top Bottom