d'Uccle color genetics

I would like to know why it’s always so hard to hatch porcelains and if it would be easier using good producing stock (fertile and good looking) to eventually get a porcelain

Is it possible to breed two other bantams and get a mille fleur d'uccle?
I have an OEG Crele Bantam Rooster, and in the same cage I have a couple of Bantam Buff Brahma hens... I got this hen in the hatched egg

Attachments

• IMG_20190626_183117384.jpg
    IMG_20190626_183117384.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20190626_183134760.jpg
    IMG_20190626_183134760.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20190626_183151377.jpg
    IMG_20190626_183151377.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 8
I have an OEG Crele Bantam Rooster, and in the same cage I have a couple of Bantam Buff Brahma hens... I got this hen in the hatched egg
No. You may get OEG bantams or Brahma bantams but you will not get D'Uccles. Barbu D'Uccles are a specific breed of true bantams.

Can you post a picture of all possible parents? That isn't a cross of an OEGB and brahma bantam.

I'm pretty new to the d'uccle breed myself, but I'd like to add to discussion as a reference point for many questions I have been reading in this thread. d'uccle are a true bantam breed.
The golden rule of breeding is to begin with the best stock you can find & afford. You can't build a Porche from a beat up Chevy. You will never be able to take cross breed and make it pure. You can't begin with poor stock and breed good stock from them. If breeding is your goal, or you are interested in showing your birds, do not waste time & money on inferior birds. Start with good, purebred, APA breed standard correct birds with the traits you want to perpetuate. Once you have some good breeding pairs in the colors you're seeking then you can begin to hatch offspring. Keep your best looking birds to breed again and continue to improve upon what you have.
It's troubling to hear people asking for tricks to enhance traits their birds lack. Judges will know what you're up to and you will rightfully be disqualified from competition. Buyers will be back with chicks that were sold under false pretenses and you will quickly get a reputation for dishonesty. If I even think there's a slight possibility of a cross or inferiority I will charge less and advertise accordingly. No one appreciates buying something that's not what they expected it to be. When people are irresponsible with the health and breeding of their birds it eventually affects many people. Poor breeding practices hurt the breed you care about in the long term.
Regardless of whether you intend to breed pets or show stock, always breed your best birds. Aquaint yourself with the breed standards and history of the birds you keep & admire and please always be honest when you sell.

Back
Top Bottom