D'uccle Thread

No the problem of the PO being closed due to Veterans Day. I think I know who is going and staying and I will be keeping it to 12 birds, I think
hide.gif

Evelyn is being a fruitcake. She keeps shoving the fake "rock" egg underneath herself whenever she goes to lay an egg. She doesn't lay on it otherwise, so she isn't really broody. I'm going to be hatching some of her eggs here this month/next month.

The roosters I have kept. I may sell another pair not sure yet. The little guys are really growing on me. They are in with my other bantam pullets if you see non D'uccle. How do you rank them? Who should be the next to go?

K epp, you have such wonderful stock!!!
Thanks. I just got them Saturday from a lady who hatched them out. They are just starting to lay, but that's about all I know about them.

I have a question about the cold temps we are having. Its been in the teens with high winds, I covered the sides of their coop (its open) with heavy clear plastic. I left a strip at the top that is about 3 ft long and 5 inches wide for ventilation. I put hay on the bottom. I have been feeding them enough that there is feed left when I go to feed again. Do I need to do anything else for them. I had a Leghorn roo with a big single comb that I put Vaseline on. Do I need to do that for these guys? they have such pretty combs I want them to stay that way.

[/IMG]
One of my 9 week old Mille fleurs. They are the sweetest breed I have out of seabrights, Dominique's, and speckled Sussex.

That was supposed to upload too.

Puffs are my favorite thing on any chicken!! Having this batch of chicks has reaffirmed how much I love D'Uccles. There sweet chicks in some of the other breeds (Im really liking the Dutch, and EE bantams, and some of the D'Anver are sweet too) but all the D'Uccles (mille fleur, porcelain, white) are dolls, except for the mottled. For some reason all three of them are more standoffish. But even one of them is coming around now. They are only 3 weeksod.

Back
Top Bottom