D'uccle Thread

Thanks! I saw my first pair of d'uccles a couple of months ago and thought they were beautiful so I bought the pair. Since then I have purchased five more. I am hoping eventually to purchase at least one of each color. So far I have mille fleur, porcelain, gold neck, black, black mottled and a baby blue mottled which unfortunately does not look like its going to make it. I'm thinking about letting my ten year old daughter try to show one for fun soon but I don't know much about showing and more than likely don't have any show quality birds. I did recently go to my first chicken show just to admire and was suprised to only see one pair of d'uccles amid more than 600 birds.

Some of my chickens:

Hi Joliet what is going on with the one who might not make it? You can pm me if you like.

I have diagnostic charts and dosing info; sometimes i can help save them...

It hatched yesterday but has what looks to be the yolk completely hanging on the outside. It broke open while he was dragging it in the incubator. I applied pressure to stop the bleeding. I am giving it karo syrup disolved in warm water but I don't think there is much that can be done. I'm surprised he's lasted this long. Poor little thing.

Back
Top Bottom