D'uccle Thread

Thanks. Poor little thing was the prettiest silvery blue and super fluffy. I'm going to have to get a new incubator and order eggs from her again. My incubator decided to crap out the last week and 3 out of six chicks still made it. But all are black mottled and I was hoping for at least one blue. She must have some very strong birds.

Thanks! I'm thinking about letting my ten year old daughter try to show one for fun soon but I don't know much about showing and more than likely don't have any show quality birds. I did recently go to my first chicken show just to admire and was suprised to only see one pair of d'uccles amid more than 600 birds.

Its hit or miss at shows. I went to one in Bath, Ny where i saw at least 10 porcelains and other colors, then i decided to take one of my pullets to the next show i went to in Maryland and she was the only d'uccle there period! Was bummed about that after seeing so many in NY. :/

I hope they have another show close by with a bunch of them. I'd love to see one of those super fluffy showy ones I see on the internet up close!

Its hit or miss at shows. I went to one in Bath, Ny where i saw at least 10 porcelains and other colors, then i decided to take one of my pullets to the next show i went to in Maryland and she was the only d'uccle there period! Was bummed about that after seeing so many in NY.
hmm.png
I go to the central indiana poultry show every year and this past show. There were a lot of d'uccle in the junior show, but only a couple in the open show. In the junior their were only porcelains and mille fleurs. I don't remember what there was in the open show.

I went to ohio nationals and a Mille took grand champion which is usually inheard of. It was a great show. A row and 1/4 of dUccles and another row of juniors

I posted in the forum for hatching eggs but not many people look there. So, I know this is OT, but does anyone know someone that sells hatching eggs for any color other than buff mottled, Mille Fleur, and porcelain. Those are the 3 colors I have, and I would really like to find another color or two.
Thanks and sorry for putting in a want in a discussion thread.

Back
Top Bottom